!!!!!!!!NEW!!!!! MAGNAFLOW FULL CATBACK FOR NONCALI!!!!!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by RALLIART, Mar 24, 2008.

1. mezzedupdream

mezzedupdream Well-Known Member

2. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

this is probably the dumbest shit in the world...

why anyone would spend $700 for a POS catback is beyond me..

why dont you guys just

pick up a small mitsu turbo like the TD04
    put it in your car, run it on low boost..

tune it yourself, or pay $400 to do it for you..

and have a TURBOCHARGED lancer for $600...

OR

buy a universal catback for $240 on ebay and weld it on...

spray paint it so it doesn't rust..

3. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

oh wow you make seem like its so easy just to bolt up a turbo on such a new car and plus you more than just a turbo and $600

4. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

oh sweet!!! and I can get that chip that adds 60+ HP on ebay for $15...that means I can SMOKE an Evo for less than $650!!!

5. totalmajor

what seems to be the problem with that?

The turbo's going to cost you like $50, you polish it out..

find a EVO 8 manifold or something or buy one new..

you don't need to do any internals because you'll be running on low boost with a small turbo..

obviously you're not much of a tuner if you can't see the capabilities of your lancer with MIVEC \ CVT \ high compression.

the tuning is the most expensive part of the project... installing the turbocharger (if you were to find one at the junkyard) would cost you like $200-300 and I might be over exaggerating..

Just please, what I'm trying to get across is COMMON SENSE.

$700 for a catback is bullshit.

6. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

agreed, price is high for a catback. Custom could be had for a lot cheaper. But it also seems you have no clue about the 08 lancer's. There are no parts yet...no broken evo x's in the junkyard to rob manifolds from, limited turbo choices if any, and tuning....thats great....but what should 08 owners tune with?

7. blacksheep818

dude i know what it takes to put in a turbo, and turbos don't cost $50 and i doubt a evo 8 mani would fit as well. your also forgetting FMIC, IC pipes, downpipe, manifold most likely would be custom more $. tuning is whole different story how are we going to tune when theres nothing out for tuning :roll:

8. totalmajor

egmotion - you have a point, i agree with you on many levels...

here is what we're doing to mine, as a little experiment.
    We're going to get the TD04 turbo or g16 from my friend (or junkyard it), it's going to cost like $50.

DIY turbo's are fairly simple to put on... especially a small turbo with low boost hand in hand with high compression gives you just enough edge to feel it...

Tuning it may also be a problem, but then again you don't have to tune it. (That's what im going to talk to my friend about, he knows exactly what's going on)

--------

blacksheep, you are probably one of the least informed kids i've ever had to argue with about cars.

YOu dont need ANY of that shit for a turbocharger unless your running something big, if you're getting an FMIC, your probably going to replace stock internals running high boost ...

I don't see any volvos or mercedes's with FMIC's stock right? Nope, they don't have any.

Don't talk, just buy the catback because that's what you have your eyes on.

So once you get it, call me up, I'll take you on with my ~$700 setup, and you can take me on with your $400 injen CAI, $700 catback and $400 piggyback.

9. blacksheep818

you can say what you want dude about what i know and what i dont. i know my share of modding and turbos.i never stated that i was going to buy the cat-back or any of the mods you mentioned

10. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

ok ok...TotalMajor:

you said that you're doing this to your own car right? I think, to prove many disbelievers, while you're doing this take some pics and when you're finished keep us posted on your results. We can argue about this for probably months. I can't say I believe this either, but here again I don't know that much about turbos. My personal take is why hasn't this been done already.

With that said, prove me wrong. I don't like ppl coming on here and shit talking other ppl for their opinions. Now yes, i posted a sarcastic comment, but i thought it was funny. :D

If you're right, you'll prolly get more props and have a few followers cuz of it. Let your work do the talking and leave it at that.

And to everyone else...this is WAY OFF TOPIC...if you guys want to bitch, do it in your own thread or through PM

11. blacksheep818

^^^ you i agree with you on this completely so ill just wait see how your build goes and more props to you

12. totalmajor

yeah i guess i did go over board just a bit...

but it just angered me of how companies like this try to rip people off for their new cars when it's not even worth that much.

Imagine how much profit they're making by just switching around a few pipes from another exhaust and then "approving it for the 2008 LANCER evolution" and then going and selling it off for $700.. That's ridiculous..

The prices are outrageous for lancer parts, and they don't even give off much power. It's not even a turbocharged car, so you're not getting more than 4hp off any of these individual parts...

You can get a TURBOback for your WRX for like $300, buy an CAI for $200 and dyno runs prove 40hp increases, because of the turbocharger..

We're not getting shit from our lancers, but we're putting out well over $1,000 for stupid parts ...

=====

and yeah ill definitely keep you guys informed, everybodys pretty excited about the project... especially since the car has CVT and everyone knows that horsepower is torque over time...
    No gear changing, no loss of boost = success...