New Exhaust on my ride

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by blacksheep818, Jan 16, 2008.

1. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

piping is 2 1/2 the tip im not sure what size it is just grab it off the wall tips the guy had

2. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

do you notice any power gains or gas milage gains or losses??

3. blacksheep818

not yet just got it yesterday wasnt really able drive it much i think in about a week i should be able to tell in gas mileage

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Ive been driving without the muffler for a couple of days now, and my gas millage has gone down......... badly.. i dont know if im unconceously (sp?) having a heavier foot than before, but after 2 days of driving, i filled up the tank, and it said that i was gonna get 240 miles out of a full tank......... :evil:

that really sucks.. i need the other muffler to not be touched for when i take it to the dealership, and when my parents or family are visiting... they would be in a bad mood every time they get in the car...

btw, CVT sounds like crap IMO... the tone is beautiful, but because the tranny is constantly changing you here those ups and downs badly
    :lol:

5. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

wow, thats not good at all. sounds like you lost a lot of back pressure and maybe your losing power. you might want to look into that.

6. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

*** added more stuff to that post lol***

7. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

Im really digging that exhaust looks nice

Dang ekotor i get 230 at half a tank

8. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

yea ektor i got about 200 at half,im gonna take a vid of mine with my new muff. later today.

9. midunn

midunn Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but IMO that's way too loud, it's sounds like you're riding a Harley. If you lived in my neighbourhood you would be checking your exhaust pipe everyday for potatoes stuck in it. :D

10. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

You must have alot of haters in your area.

11. blacksheep818

its not loud at all you cant even hear it at idle and plus its no where near close to sounding like a Harley but its all good some ppl like it some dont