My GTS. Small vid

Discussion in 'Video Gallery' started by Evolve, May 28, 2008.

1. mezzedupdream

mezzedupdream Well-Known Member

So besides the sound you didn't like from the Header with the INJEN catback, the INJEN catback(10 hp they claimed) didn't give you more power? Or you perfered the sound over the power? Or is this one of those situations where the INJEN catback and the RRM header didn't work good together?

2. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

i've answered this question before so im copy-pasting the question Flow asked, and my reply

FLOW wrote:
    Nice Evolve. So you like the RRM headers + RRM axleback better then the RRM header + injen ses?

Evolve wrote:
    Yes. Much quieter.

With the Injen you could assume either i had headers or the catback set-up was not built right. (toooooo much gurgle, rabble, rubble)

You can't tell i have headers on. I didn't believe it myself but you really can't tell i have them on. Love that.

The thing is this: Im not quiet sure how big the diameter on the Injen is but having it opened up a little larger than the stock set-up SHOULD bode well for any car, but in combination of say headers or boost, you may be doing an injustice to your car by running a more 'open' set-up and risk having the parts not compliment eachother.

The injen exhaust was FINE until i put headers on. The headers gave me some damn good response that the injen exhaust couldn't come close to. I think Injen made a great product but did not keep in mind that the diameter combined with another part may increase the loss of backpressure. I'm no expert but i've seen countless freinds of mine go with a catback for their 4 banger, only to add headers and some of those same exhaust's sound like shit afterwards.

What's the true way to shut everyone up? Race side by side with a car that had the injen exhaust and headers but in reality i could really give a Fu6K less about comparison's and dick-swinging contests. I know what i like.

3. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

i mean do u have a vid w/ the header/cai is my question mainly :p... and also, i thought it was a header-back?

4. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

perhaps you misunderstood something. that vid that subawho posted IS the vid of my car with header, axle back, pulley, piggy, and Injen CAI.

And people get confused about the "header-back" "catback" mess but it's basically the same exact thing.

Since the cat doesnt have a bolting point, our PZEV models have a cold-start cat built with the stock exhaust manifold. So to some you could say it's a cat-back and be somewhat correct. Even still header-back is correct too. I successfully just confused myself but that's all i can really say to explain it. lol

5. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

you did me as well.

6. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

i confused you but by now im sure you get the point.

Axle-backs.
    Cat-backs.

very different looking pieces. and one cost waaay more than the other option

:D