Megan Racing catback exhaust...pics..video

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by RALLIART, Nov 19, 2007.

1. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Very nice! sounds nice and deep.... after 3 years with loud exhaust cars, not im enjoying the silence of a new car haha... plus im a chicken to void the warranty cause im a poor SOB :lol:

2. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

jake i really like that set up maybe your guy can hook me up to

3. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

get a muffler, and we will do it, just to let you know the best days are mondays or wednesday, the whole process takes about 1 hour, and i have to let him know for sure when you want it...

4. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

^ How much was your piping and welding because here at PepBoys they charge me $64.00. I'll be getting the Injen Exhaust, so I'm just wondering if I'm being overpriced or not.

Here's the exhaust I'll be getting shortly.

injen_muffler.jpg

Sorry for being it so BIG.

5. Redline1

alright jake ill let you know as soon as i order the muffler

6. RALLIART

i hope that the 64.00 dollar is not a misprint! because that a damn good price!

7. JDM FLOW

Jake it's not. I was searching for Injen Exhausts and I came up with two sites but the other site was cheaper but the other site had pro , something to do with pro installing and I typed in my zip-code and found PepBoys installs them for $64.00. So, I'm like awesome, there's a PepBoys within 2 minutes of me. Once, ordered and installed, I will take pictures and a sound clip even.

Jake, how much was your piping + welding? All they have to do is take out the ugly stock exhaust and replace it with mine with piping and welding correct? And what did they do for the piping and welding thanks. Because I'm not sure what to tell them meaning PepBoys.

8. RALLIART

ohhhh i see so the muffler is 64.00. i see. but hey my piping and welding was a total of 125.00 in which i was quoted 150.00. But he charged me 125. the piping is 2.25" See if you can to keep the resignator, the way i did it i went straight piped all the way to the muffler, no resignators nothing, it was way too loud, so i went back and told him to put my stock resignator back on, Now its deep tone and smooth...

9. JDM FLOW

Alright then that's what I'm going to do.

Injen Exhaust - $168.00
    Piping - ?
    Install - $65.00

Not sure how much the piping will be though.

10. RALLIART

you had me all confused hahaha. ok So the muffler is 168.00 ok. just for the install they charge 65.00 ok. Basically you have to tell them that you wanna go cat back so they wil have to place new piping there.

My total was 125.00 for welding, new piping, and install of the new megan racing muffler.

Your total will vary..

11. JDM FLOW

Alright then. Thanks Jake. Once ordered, I'll go over to PepBoys and tell them I wanna go cat back and they'll do it for there then right.

12. RALLIART

thats a big 10 4 good buddy.... i guess if you want you can take the resignator off but you will be there 2 days later to put it back on. hahahha that what i did. I love the sound now.....

13. JDM FLOW

Haha. I'll just tell them to keep the resonator on.

Jake ain't it resonator not resignator?

14. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

What material does Megan use for the exhaust? I was talking to a friend of mine and he said that Megan exports there exhaust to have them built and over time it rusts. On that particular car, it was a Scion tC

15. RALLIART

yeah thats what i meant.. at least i had the right idea!

16. RALLIART

not really sure, i am also saving up money for the injen cat back i am not planning to have this one on either, thats the thing about me that i get bored with stuff so i change them. If it rusts i get a diffrent muffler SIMPLE!

17. Redline1

hey jake how much is your friend going to charge me and anything i need to order besides the muffler

18. RALLIART

piping, welding, installing the muffler should be 125.00 thats what he charged me. You have to understand he is a independent owner he has to make money hahahah

19. Redline1

ok just wondering

20. evo_x_gts

evo_x_gts Member

pretty nice deal.....!!!!