Mazda 3 intake

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by chago, Dec 5, 2007.

1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Correct. The 6" was a rough guess. You have to take that one piece and line it up in your car. You will see how much needs to be cut and at what angle. I guess I could have said 4-6" lol.

2. Prettyboy

Prettyboy Well-Known Member

great thanks alot!..i just bought it so ill post a pic here when i get it and install it :D

3. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

alright guys i bought my mazda inatke like 3 months ago and finally found time to mess with it.i made the plate for the MAF and made a rubber gasket to go between the original MAF plate and the new plastic one.i used some super glue to hold it,(dont know if itll hold but will try)then used some clear sealer to go around the new plate for the maf. ill post some pics once I put this on and HOPEFULLY works out.

4. SeRious08

Should work if its about 1/8" thick.

Post some pics when you can.

5. lancered

alright guys i got the intake on.nothing came on.went for a drive,and sounds nasty. i didnt cut nothing yet but the hood went down perfect.all i need to do is make a bracket to hold it and it set.my G.F. has the camera and shes at work so later on ill post pics.

6. SeRious08

Nasty being a good thing lol.

You didn't have to cut the bend off some? Interesting. Post the pics so I can see how you did it.

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Finally man!! Btw, how is the arm?

8. lancered

its sooo F#*&n LOUD its crazy,i like it. SERIOUS,i just wanted to see how it fits up not cutting anything,but the intake lines up pretty good with the stock silencer thng(that comes from the front of the car to the stock intake)but the MAF is a little higher than it so i might cut off about 2 inches of the bend to the TB,maybe 3.and it should be perfect.im gonna take some pics anyways to show you guys how it looks.i just have to wait on the gf to get home with the camera. :lol:

9. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

We lyke pics :D

10. Prettyboy

Prettyboy Well-Known Member

i reeeelleee like pics...esp since later this week im going to be doing the same thing! lol

11. resolutionny7

resolutionny7 Well-Known Member

nice mod pics please :D

12. lancered

here you go fellas,i took these in the rain so bare with me :p
    th_crank003.jpg
    th_crank002.jpg
    th_crank001.jpg

ill take some better ones during the day tmw.

13. midunn

midunn Well-Known Member

Looks good bro nice job :thumbright:

14. SeRious08

I told you guys you would like this mod. Its a cheaper and just as affective as any other $170+ SRI out there.