lowering springs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by pbstud2001, Dec 22, 2008.

1. lancertrips

lancertrips Well-Known Member

I'd like to also hear from a lancer owner who has eibachs installed. Specifically sportlines cause I believe only sportlines are progressive and the pro kits are not progresive. Sportlines are suppossed to be top of the line when it comes to aftermarket springs, if you want anything better than Sportlines you would need to go with coilovers. If coilovers came together with the camber correction kit it would be a whole lot easier $$ wise.

Edit: Hector your car drop looks absolutely sick

2. NJ08LancerGTS

NJ08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

i just won't drop it, i like our car the wya it sits now, i lowered my 4th gen eclipse with progress springs and i will never lower another one of my own cars in my life! its just not worth it at all.

3. pbstud2001

pbstud2001 Well-Known Member

thats why i dont want to waste alot of money on springs

4. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

Brian was talikning about the coilovers being expensive, not the springs. The coilover that haven't been released here yet i believe

5. pbstud2001

cool...soooo i guess it comes to that: Teins (s tech or h tech btw?) are a great drop but rough (depending on circumstances) and the GRIP is a decent low with comfort, so my last question for now is...

Is there any middle ground? Anything that has a drop better than the GRIP but a little bit more comfort than the tein (S or H tech)...just covering all bases

6. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

the 4 that i know of is the:

tein (s tech Front 2.1, Rear 1.9) - ride is low and rough for the s-tech
    eibach ( pro kit Front 1.2, Rear 0.8 and sportline Front 1.7, Rear 1.2)- don't know a whole lot. never used
    grip/progessive(v2 Front 1.5,Rear 1.4)- great spring but not enough of a drop.
    tanabe (Front 1.1, Rear 0.9) don't know a whole lot. never used

if any one know of any more then speak up. springs for the 08-09 lancer only.

7. pbstud2001

thanks

i think im leaning more towards the sportline, its the second lowest drop i've found...does anyone know more or currently have the eibach sportline? seems like that would be a nice middle ground

edit: i am an everyday driver so comfort is somewhat important, but not a HUGE deal...on a somewhat organized scale..if OEM would be a 0 on comfort level, how far below normal comfort would these (tein s, eibach sportline, and RRM) be ranked, just so i know where they stand

8. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I drive 150 miles a day, and after 2 weeks of having the s-techs, i dont notice roughness any more... you learn how to drive it so its comfortable... ant BTW i road in pimpinferns car the other day and holy sh!t it feels like a truck compared to mine lmao :lol:

Tein S-Techs FTW

9. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

Yes i do agreee with Ektor, after a few weeks it got better.. not sure if it was the springs that got softer or I got used to it. I would say it is just a little more harsh than my girlfriend's mazda 6 with 50k miles. I still wanna ride the progress springs, but don't know anyone with them.

10. aTm beaner

aTm beaner Well-Known Member

that sir is incorrect. Sportlines just give you a lower drop compared to the Prokits. if you look around, you'll notice that the prokits cost more than the sportlines for most applications.