Karan's 2008 Electric Blue GTS (K&N SRI Installed)

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Karan, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Well the summer is almost here so time to startup some new projects :)

I got really tired of that ugly chrome strip on the front. It was an eyesore, and caught my eye everytime. So I went with a flatblack one, from a Lancer DE. I think the front end looks a lot smoother now.

(click thumbnails to view fullsize image)

[​IMG]

Color-matched sharkfin antenna also arrived today but haven't had a chance to install it yet. Hope its quick and painless.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WORKS springs also arrived last week. I'll probably install these last once I get my winter tires off.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

ur my twin with the hid head light with the yellow fogs lol.. i got the same set up cept mine is 6k. my car is electric blue as well.

3. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

can i bother you asking how you installled the relay switch... couse I have the same one... but cant quite figured it.... I read that we need to plug them using our small lights... or some sort of... I didnt understand... so... if you could please post some pics of it... maybe the manual if you have it... :D

4. ChokingChicken

ChokingChicken Well-Known Member

Karan,

Where'd you get the grille from, did you trade of did you get it from the dealer?

5. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Choking chicken he painted it.

6. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

from what i read, it sounds like he got it from another lancer...

7. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Hey chicken, I got it off a Lancer DE owner. I kept my original grill though cause I had to use the screws from it to screw this one. I dont think I'll be using the chrome grill ever again though, if anyone wants it. :lol: I dont know why Mitsubishi had to go and put it there, it just looked so tacky and I'm glad its gone.

8. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Finally got around to installing the antenna yesterday. It wasn't too bad. Just take your time marking down its positioning accurately, then putting down the masking tape. Rest of it was pretty quick. Some pics I took today.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next up, springs on the weekend, if the weather isn't like it was today! :(

9. ChokingChicken

ya man i hear you about the weather...

you made me order an antenna tho lol.

10. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Nice, you'll find its worth it for sure. So far no complaints, and I really love the look.

I just hope the adhesive stays strong through our winter months...

11. ChokingChicken

12. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Finally decided to take my winter tires off, stock ones went on. Spent all Saturday scrubbing the car inside/out (Although it did get a bit dirty at work today :( ). Found a nice spot for a shoot, around dusk time today.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Double post, sorry.

14. Geaux

Geaux Well-Known Member

That last one is a money shot! Love it.

What fogs do you have?

15. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Thanks bro :) The fogs are Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500K. I got them off Ebay about 6 months ago for $25 and they're still going strong as you can see.

16. steelhumm

steelhumm Well-Known Member

looks nice!

Guys in the USA..be careful with HIDS in the near future...DOT has now made it illegal to install HID lights into a headlight housing designed for a halogen bulb. There are certain LEO'S around the country that are even doing roadsite spotchecks that will land you a pretty costly ticket if caught with them installed.

StreetGlow as a manufacturer had to stop selling our HID kit because of this new DOT law...it's also now illegal to sell HID kits that are designed to be fit into a housing designed for halogen.... just trying to give ya'll a heads up!

17. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Finally got around to getting the WORKS springs installed. I'll definitely get around to taking better pics, once I get alignment done in a few days.

So far, so good. The humongous wheel gap is gone, but the drop isnt too excessive that I'll suffer in the winters here. The 18" wheels seem to fill the wells a lot better now.

[​IMG]

18. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

nice drop

19. babydubz

babydubz New Member

did you shave the keyhole on the trunk? looks very clean

20. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Thanks man.

Actually i never got a trunk keyhole, since I never got the S&S package.