Just ordered this from TWM *edit* just came in UPS today

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by lancered, Apr 27, 2008.

1. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

they replace the cheesey rubber bushings that over time,can tear.and making shifting into gear harder to do.the aftermarket bushings help shifting alot easier to do.that youll be able to feel.

2. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

are there oe bushings? i dont remember any when i switched shifters.

3. lancered

thats all i know,i myself havent taken off my center console YET.

4. CLEANrideGTS

CLEANrideGTS Well-Known Member

those little bushings go in all 4 corners of the bottom of the shift cage i believe its called. They replace the stock rubber ones

5. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

o...yah, i was thinkin about the linkage. so they reduce wobble or slack on the mount area of the shifter when throwin hard shifts? round about?

6. CLEANrideGTS

CLEANrideGTS Well-Known Member

umm im not too sure if thats what they're for, or if its just to help raise the cage a little

7. lancered

8. lancered

well,i went ahead and installed the new bushings.took about 15 minutes.but im waiting for the weekend for the shifter.new and old bushing look like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Patrickmann

Patrickmann Well-Known Member

Man I want one! I have been waiting for a short shifter for a while! Let me know how you like it.

10. lancered

man this short throw is amazing.youll know once you get it installed and take a drive around the block.it is short.it sits closer to the driver,and the bushings help out the slack you sometimes get by not being able to put in gear.took me an hour to install.well worth it i think. :)

11. JayDawg

JayDawg Member

I just ordered a short shifter from TWM but decided against getting the pricing shifter knob they had.... anyone have any suggestions? I keep hearing about the RTM knob... anyone have any pics or know of where I can get one?

12. JayDawg

JayDawg Member

I just ordered a short shifter from TWM but decided against getting the pricing shifter knob they had.... anyone have any suggestions? I keep hearing about the RTM knob... anyone have any pics or know of where I can get one?

13. lancered

i have one. you can only buy it over the phone or by paypal.His name is Ziggy.pretty cool guy.talk to Serious08 he's got some good pics of his shifter.mines the same but with out the rubber grips.

14. Patrickmann

Patrickmann Well-Known Member

Was there any hard parts when trying to install or is everything pretty straight forward?

15. Ranger026

Ranger026 Active Member

Re:

I actually like the height of the twm short shifter over the stock height. Personally, it feels very comfortable, and I find it easier to acess the climate controls...the stock shifter seemed to be in the way.

16. Carvs

Carvs Active Member

I just installed the WORKS one last night, no means to jack the thread or anything
    Honestly, I LOVE and I mean I LOVE the feeling of it. Hope you enjoy yours aswell :)