Injen Technologies C.A.I

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Guest, Oct 30, 2007.

1. ehssohbee

ehssohbee Member

Sooo...I have piggy, custom exhaust, and sri. Phil, you up for a "comparison test?" 8) However, it would be manual vs CVT...so it would be an interesting run.

I am very curious how this new intake system will work with the piggy. The SRI and Piggy did make a difference in response and acceleration (long live 4k RPM and up). I've succesfully peeled out for a bit in 1st and managed to chirp a few times shifting to 2nd.

My wonderful "butt dyno" picked up some changes, but it wasn't something to write home to mom about. It's noticable, yes, but I think a Piggy and a full CAI would be the way to go.

Maybe Injen should hit me up and ask me if they can borrow my car to test Piggles + SRI vs Piggles + CAI. *HINT HINT HINT* :wink:

Also, Phil, I have a device to plug into the ODB II port to view the intake air temp. If you have something similar (or want to borrow mine at the next meet), I'd LOVE to see the temp difference between SRI and the Injen CAI. I should have grabbed it while we were at Autobacs...

2. Guest

Guest Guest

^ we can check that out at the meet.

If u wanna run well we need to have the same goodies. So that means I need to get the piggy. Hmm what to do. Besides the cvt is a dawg. Automatics have lost of hp because of the energy lost thru the transition to the wheels, but hey what hell. LOL!

3. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

i have 5sp :D

and cold air :wink:

4. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

great great great ideas

5. Ruester91

Ruester91 Member

It would be great if I could get more get up and go so I am going to keep these mods in mind :)