Injen Technologies C.A.I

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Guest, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

revised for ya and every1 else.

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^its an injen thing, its on there website. It will give a full description of it.

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

True, but some of us have already purchased an RRM piggy in which we won't need the MR technology. :)

Still, $300 for a name brand proven company CAI is right in line.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the products Phil.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ty Serious08

Just trying to put the word out.

5. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

this is so true and this is why i tell everyone you get what you pay for and why i say brand does matter....

6. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

so wait im a lil stuck on stupid and i got a ? to so yeah with the injen cai u dont need to purchase the piggy back right and if i do purchase the piggy back and the cai will it affect each other and 1 more thing does the cai come with the hydrolock prevention cuz believe you me where that shit is positioned is not good for me unless it has the hydro prevnetion

7. Guest

Guest Guest

U can purchase the Hydrolock seperately. Its way inexpensive.

There is no need to purchase the piggyback with this CAI. Everything is calibrated already for you do to Mr technology. If you wanna purchase it u can but you dont have a need for it.

8. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

Mid $300s is not that bad, IF and only IF, the results are inline with what Injen advertises. However, I am going to wait on independent dyno results before committing to a CAI purchase. The way I see it; a Company's internal dyno results are like the EPA's MPG figures - not worth a damn unless it's proven on the street.

Just my $0.02.

9. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

^agreed

10-12 hp gain is woth the 3 n' a Half.

2-3 HP gain over my short-ram, not worth it.

10. SeRious08

I also agree.

Also, just because the piggy isn't needed, it doesn't mean you can't benefit from it. Who couldn't use better mpg and 5-6% more tq across the powerband?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I like the fuel part of the piggy

12. SeRious08

:thumbright: I know I like. And with a decent intake, I'll like it even more.

13. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

I know it's only been 2 days...but, has there been any update gentlemen?

14. FetorHepaticus

FetorHepaticus Active Member

phil, i think you never mentioned in this thread about the performance of this kit from your perspective and not what injen claims.
    since you're the only lancer with this kit right now, i want to know if you got to try it out..how was it?

15. SeRious08

Is it late November or early December? Nope. Then no new status.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Plan on late November early December.

As far as performance- well Im no tuner by any means and I have the CVT GTS. So with that in mind its a slug off the line. Using CVT and in conjuction with their exhaust(I never had one b4 the other) there is a remarkable difference in get up and go.
    Thats about all that i can offer you.

17. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

kru is injen comming out with a cat-back too?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

^ yes they r. It includes a new hi-flo cat as well. Gonna b costly tho. $750+

19. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

8O :x :cry: all in one... :D

20. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

ill def. purchase this CAI.