Injen Technologies C.A.I

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Guest, Oct 30, 2007.

1. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

At the most probably 4Whp, but truth be told a CAI isnt gonna gain that much more either, unless our stock intake system was designed horrably, but Im sure the gained throttle response is great. We will have to see what they claim, if they claim 20whp and 2 seconds off the 0-60 time, Im gonna laugh my ass off

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Pretty nice.

3. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

I agree not much more than that but the hope is there just a wee bit lol. now that i see hat they have done it should not be too hard to fabricate that. I will have six months at sea and will have todo something lol

4. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

lmaooo :roll:

5. Rican_GTS

Rican_GTS Member

It does look like it's going to be a pain in the wazu to install. Let's see if the money and the HP gains is worth the trouble.

6. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

I think thats why the bottom half of the intake looks like reinforced hose allowing for a bit of flexiblity in installing. Lets hope the hose will come in a variety of fall fashionable colors lol.

7. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

^^ ya that would be nice

8. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

and how do you know this?

9. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

yea how do you know??????

10. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

yea how do YOU know

11. Zeni

Zeni Active Member

wtf haha

API guys told us that

:]

12. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

13. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

SEMA is over right??? Where are the dyno results??? :D

14. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

From Injen themselves, the dyno is 10-12hp for this CAI.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

That is correct.
    Its amazing how a lot of you complain about wanting a C.A.I and now that its with in reach, some of you same guys are crying about how much effort it will take.

You guys need to do a lil work you know. You cant just click ur heals and poof its done.

Any ways I just got off the phone with Injen and it will be avalible late November. Price is mid 3's. They are redoing the owners manuel since the CVT/Automatics have a trans cooler in the way that requiers a relocater bracket.

16. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

WOW....mid 300's for a CAI....looks like there is going to be alot of fake stuff coming out soon, watch out for all those ebay mock ups....lol.

17. Solsonic

Solsonic Well-Known Member

Nice thanks for the info Kru.

I noticed that the Injen website has been down since last night. Hopefully they are adding some new products for us. :D

18. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

f__k cvt,my is a DE HOOK ME UP KRU sell me yours :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Guest

Guest Guest

ok school in session.

Injen C.A.I=$3ish with MR technology(this why you see the step dwn tube at the air flow meter/Pie(r-squared)(length)(flow rate)=MR allowing you to utilize factory set maps/air to fuel ratios and still obtain high gains)

Competitors=$150 with no MR technology( so will need to purchase piggy back of $500 in order to tune ur set up, reason being is because the tubing used is allowing to mu flow of air to pass by ur airflow meter. in doing so ur cars stock parameters cant put out more fuel to compensate, so you are running the car lean. A ticking time bomb! So if my math is right you will need to purchase the intake and piggy back to do it right and that = $650)

Well do what you want and can afford, but remember to do it right or dont bother. In the end it ur ride.

20. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

^ mr technology?