Injen Technologies C.A.I

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Guest, Oct 30, 2007.

1. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Get in line fellas, haha. That injen spark cover is crazy. Another semi!!!!

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I'm not impressed. That 160* bend is horrible and does nothing for nice air flow. I will need to see no BS real dynos on it, not claimed hp gains before I put my faith in it over the SRI.

3. Zeni

Zeni Active Member

if you move the battery you also have to worrie about how much wieght your moving....

of course someone who is going for preformance would know that :wink:

4. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

This intake just makes me THAT much more curious to see what AEM comes out with. These 2 are leading the way as far as cold-airs go and I'd love to know if AEM's will have the same concept/design

5. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

does it have hydrolock prevention???

6. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

very nice. i will have to add these to our site. k

i will let you know what our final price will be. 8)

7. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

sweeeeeetttttt........ where can I get and for how much???? LOL.... i've been waiting for this moment for the longest....

8. FF7DarkCloud

FF7DarkCloud Well-Known Member

guys as sexy as that may look, your better off getting a short ram intake over that, when a pipe exceeds 90 degrees then u actually lose air flow, and that bend is way over that, your guna get basically the same hp as a short ram, all your paying extra for is that pipe haha

9. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

so many bends....say bye bye to low end power

10. Zeni

Zeni Active Member

you dont know that forsure

and the bend isnt as bad as it looks

your getting really cold air from own under

but belive what you want :roll:

11. SeRious08

Thats what I have been trying to say.

12. SeRious08

How the hell can you say its "not that bad"?????

Its at a minimum 120-130* bend. A 90* bend is better than this thing. The number one rule in intakes is straighter is better.

13. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

the only way to really clear everything up is when the CAI comes out, take a car with an SRI and a CAI and do a dyno on both cars and see some numbers, we can speculate and argue but a dyno is the only way to prove what really works better

14. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Actually whats is sad about it is that half of the intake is just a thick rubber hose. Or thats what it looks like. Its not looking hot at all. But again after KRU is done at SEMA he will be posting dyno values. Lets just hope that there is a decent gain over the SAI.

15. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

wats the sri gains????

16. Zeni

Zeni Active Member

strighter is better but another rule is "the colder the better"

ive seen this intake inperson can belive you guys are overexaggerating these two bends

your getting way colder air further from the engine

oh well injen is a good company and they will prove there numbers sooner or later

beside they havent started manufacturing these yet

17. WillieetheOne

Trust me i understand cold air is better but how fast and how laminar that air flows is also important. Or rifling the tubing to create the swirl for better mixing. Also mike check the performance forum Jake placed dynos and i think he has the full intake and exhaust from RRM but dont quote me. I think the number was around 120ish at the wheel i also think he has the CVT.

18. midunn

midunn Well-Known Member

I imagine when it's released to the pubic it will look a little different as well. Hopfuuly they will back up their design with proof and no one will get hosed.

19. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

yea ur right

I didn't know the law of physics applied here

20. WillieetheOne

..... :)