Injen CAI Bypass Valve Question

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Oni, Apr 19, 2008.

1. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

well i was underthe inpression that it was a BOV on a CAI striclty for the purpose of preventing water lockups

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Blow off valve (BOV) used to release pressure in a boosted car

BLOW OFF VALVE:

[​IMG]

By-pass valve is used to re-route the incoming air if the filter is in water.

BY PASS VALVE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

hey guys, i meant bypass valve, not blowoff lol... only reason i said blow off is cuz i read darklancer and blowoff got stuck in my head... BoV on a CAI? lol, ya to release all the pressure going into the CAI!! *sarcasm* -_-... but ya to people that misunderstood i meant bypass valve, check my first post in this thread, i orig said bypass, and got mixed up from readin darklancer's post

*edit* just for you people that didn't understand my sarcasm... BoV on a CAI does not exist and if it did would be utterly pointless as u do not build up pressure in the CAI... just wanted to clarify that

4. darklancer

clarity ftw

and my dealership told me injen had a sri and that it was just part of the cai package...

5. bras_33

makes sense now, I did not want to open a can of whoop ass :D

6. Bryn1987

oooooooooooooo ur talking about i think for the old lancers, where injen had an SRI w/ a CAI extension, it's not the same for the 2008s... so umm... at least thats what i think they were talking about

i told u, i'm not a complete nub that thinks he knows everything -_- but what i know i'll say o_O

7. bras_33

same here...I know a lot, not everything.

8. darklancer

i know nothin so i listen lol...

um so my dealership is retarded??? cuz they told me for the 08 it was that away sri with cai

9. Bryn1987

umm... ur sentence didn't make sense, reword that -_-... but like i said, injen has done w/ other cars an SRI with a CAI extension...

10. darklancer

lol sorry i was in a rush before.

my dealership told me that the kit that they have from injen for the 08 lancers is a cai with a sri and you can choose wich one you want instaled ....450$ instaled for either one

11. bras_33

/\ unless there is a new design for the injen cai, which there is not, there is no way you can put an air filter in that section that would be called the SRI. If you talked to a salesperson, he/she just wants your money. Thank God, there is this forum to help others out.

$450 for a SRI?!?!!?!?!?! WTF!!!

My salesman told me if I put my front tires on the back and the back in the front, it will become AWD!!!!!!!

12. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

really?? that's all it takes to make my car AWD?? I'll do that as soon as I get home, hahahahha

13. bras_33

also if you rotate your pistons, you get better gas mileage. According to my salesman.

14. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

if I only use my right hand to drive, will that make my car right hand drive?? I know that's corny.. :D

15. bras_33

[​IMG]

:D

16. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

This thread delivers.

17. Bryn1987

holy shit, that means my civic is AWD!! cuz i rotate my tires every other oil change =)

18. bras_33

civic? :evil:

19. Slickghost

Slickghost Well-Known Member

/\ +1 Civic = :evil:

20. Bryn1987

dw it's a completely stock (not rice) 98 4D civic LX... only 75k miles on it =)... trading it in, in the fall (trade in value: 4500 w00ts w00ts) plus a 4k down payment for a 09 Lancer GTS, 4b12 ftw ;)