How's Manual Transmission?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Patrickmann, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

there is always goin be something better coming out ... you can wait for the ralliart to come out ... but then why not wait for the evo? you got the money to shell out then have fun ... but for me i'm happy with my gts

2. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

manual is the best ever lol automatic is boaringggggg

3. vash_241987

vash_241987 Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for the ra to come out. the sales rep said that they will expect them sometime after the evo x. auto was fun when I tested it, but @really want to drive a mt.

4. 5speedracer

5speedracer Active Member

Not trying to start trouble, but I'm pretty sure the manual is a good bit faster than CVT.

Motortrend Results:

CVT: 17.0 1/4 mile

Manual: 16.0 1/4 mile

Not sure what issues they were in but I know it was within the last few months...each tranny was in a different issue.

5. Patrickmann

Patrickmann Well-Known Member

Vash did you go to Concord mitsubishi? If so, they don't know anything about the ralliart.. I have asked them and they just say Mitsubishi hasn't relased any information on them.. Test drove the manual the other day and it was so much better then the automatic.. I felt as if the paddle shifters just give your hands something to play with while driving.. Still nice though when you need both hands on the wheel..

6. vash_241987

vash_241987 Well-Known Member

Who took you out for a test drive? Was it Chris Gonzales or Adam Wilhite? I don't remember who it was, but the guy that went to lancer school (thats what they told me) said that it will be released after the EVO X. He did not give me too much details, price wise he said 28-20K 8O

7. Patrickmann

Rosetta. I should be buying a manual shortly. I just need a bit more practice. Everythime I start to brake and then try and speed up again the car bogs on me.. I don't know what I am doing wrong..

8. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

when you slow down, you should downshift to bring the rpms higher.

9. Patrickmann

Oh okie.. So is it a bad idea to brake to a full stop while holding the clutch in or is it ok as long as I put the car into neutral?

10. bras_33

you only need the clutch to change gears, holding the clutch in while braking, within time, you will need a new clutch. Plus while it is in gear, it will also help you slow down when braking.

11. dsf3g

dsf3g Well-Known Member

If the Lancer were my only car, then I'd probably get a loaded manual GTS. But since I've got a sportscar also I went for a loaded CVT ES. I take the Lancer when I don't want a too involving drive... I just want to get there in comfort and with some nice sound to ease the drive.

12. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Off Topic: What other car you got

13. RebeLJesse

RebeLJesse Member

automatic is for ppl who dont know how to drive a stick(manual) lol :lol:
    and who ever is asking all those question about driving a stick practice you'll get a hang of it. when slowing down i down shift and when im slow enough i use brake but i can go from a dead stop without using brake its all in the down shift. and on a hill balance your feet clutch in gas out and ease off the clutch while you give it some gas. if your still not getting it just used the e brake lol and put it in 1st gear clutch in gas out and ease off clutch and give it gas while your doing this carefully bring down the e brake. its pretty easy.... driving a stick is the sh1t!!!!!!!!!

14. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

there is no need to try and say people cant drive. Some of us just like the CVT and would choose it over manual. doesnt mean we cant drive. This forum is not for bashing other people. Play nice. 8)

15. RebeLJesse

RebeLJesse Member

it was a joke dude not bashing anyone
    i understand some ppl prefer cvt over manual

16. bras_33

5-speed FTW!!!!! :D, I agree this isnt a bash to others only honduhs :D