HIDs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by goof, Dec 22, 2008.

1. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

i just got done talkin to david from that same website and he said that the flicker is not necessary for our cars. as for the battery harness and slim ballast he didnt say that we needed them or not but then again he didnt tell me the advantages of one over the other... but im sure we dont need the flicker harness lol. ill update as soon as i find out more...

2. Greell

Greell Active Member

Hey goof, have you ever gone to the Evolutionm.net forums? a guy on the forums under the user name Curt@MrLed is who I bought my HIDs from---he had a bunch of different temps in stock + a ton of LEDs (in case you also wanted to replace the parking lights etc)----and he has the DRL flicker eliminator too---I bought that also, easy to install and mount, and the HIDs look badass!

give him a hollar, he's a really cool guy and he'll help ya with any questions -

his email is also MrLed@comcast.net

I got the 5000k lights, white parking lights and the DRL eliminator, and I couldn't be happier.

3. Qwest905

Qwest905 Member

any pictures of your lights???

i'm interested in only 4300k or 5000k

4. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

what do i need to order with it, i saw a anit flicker relay and battery realy anything else

5. Greell

Greell Active Member

I will get some pics as soon as I get home (its 2:20pm now, i'll get a day shot, and then i'll get a night shot when the sun goes down)----

And all you need from him are the HID kits (which include 2 bulbs, required wires, and ballast)----and the anti-flicker kit (comes with everything you need including the hookup to the battery)

i'm actually going to be doing a write-up on how to install the anti-flicker kit for him as soon as I get home also, that way anyone who has never done it can get it installed, only takes like 5 min total to do the anti-flick relay install after the HIDs are in!

I'll post back in a few hours with some pics!

6. Greell

Greell Active Member

Sorry for the delay---heres what the HIDs at 5000k look like-----it started "misting" out...so it made the pics look kinda cool actually....im diggin it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Qwest905

Qwest905 Member

thank you for the pictures.

8. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

the one i use are 6k and are from EuroEffects. not posting a link you'll have to look them up. but the ballast is already set up for our drl's. nothing extra or seperate to buy. everything plugs right in. i swear it took me 15 minutes to install, no tools needed. they also carry lifetime guarantees on bulbs and ballasts. that being said. sometimes their customer service is lacking as far as contact goes. but once you get them, i've been happy with the service i've received

9. dive_junkie

dive_junkie Well-Known Member

I wanting to run both my fogs and lows with hid's but do i have to purchase 2 kits in order to do this or can i just buy extra bulbs for the fogs?

10. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

nope. 1 ballast per bulb. sorry, yo need 2 complete kits

11. dive_junkie

damn that sucks. well i guess ill start with the low beams

12. Greell

Greell Active Member

for HIDs, you'd need two kits--1 for low beams, 1 for fogs...

you can get LED replacement bulbs that look similar to HID, but aren't exactly the same---they are cheaper however.

I went with HIDs in my fogs----i accept no substitutes :p

13. dive_junkie

Yeah I thought about doing that also but I heard you cant see the road as well. I would rather see at night then look good.

14. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

Doesn't someone on here have HID's for low's, high's, and fog's? Any details on how they did that? Just 3 separate kits and found places to mount them all?

15. dive_junkie

That's pretty much it. 3 kits and your set. But why would you need the HIDS for your highs? Stocks are fine for me. Don't even really use them so I would just stick to 2 kits.

16. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

highs are a waste of time.... switch to LED's for the highs. The HID's will take too much time to charge up

17. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

WTF?!! Replacing high/low/fogs with LEDs does not make sense and it is NOT functional... specially high beams... common people lets do some research here.... yes there are replacement LEDs for our high/low/fog socket but that is for show use only... they are expensive and they will shine less than 1/4 of the brightness of stock...

18. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

i was talking about switching the high beams to LED's if anything... I personally have HID low beams and fogs.

19. Qwest905

Qwest905 Member

sorry i'm a noob to this

how do the HIDs work for our lancers..
    i hear we need an anti flicker??
    what is the purpose of this??

as well if we get HIDs with the anti flicker do you have to cut any wires or anything ..or rewire your DRL to your fogs..i've heard of some people doing that.

one more question...if you get HIDs..is it just like regular lights with the lancer that you just flip the knob on our cars to turn them on and off??

sorry for all the questions..thanks