HID issue...

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by faracinman2, Jul 2, 2008.

1. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Well i purchased these from my dealership.
    [​IMG]
    I have the issue of one sometimes not coming on but restart the car and it comes on. I still only have 10 amp fuses and have not burned one out yet. But i really wish Mitsu would put out a patch or something fot the ECU to rectify it. They should but like their bloddy paint will take years to do anything bout it.

2. freakingwilly

freakingwilly Member

>_< I was hoping you'd post a picture of the entire kit before you installed your ballasts. Ah well.. from what I was able to find online, the kit you bought doesn't come with a wiring harness (so it uses the stock electrical system to power up the ballasts and bulbs).

Check the wiring that goes to the ballast that isn't firing up and make sure everything is seated and connected properly. Also, try switching out the ballasts and see if that helps. I had the same issue with my right fog light after installing HIDs. It turns out that I had the ballast wire too short and it was pulling away from the ballast, not giving a 100% foolproof connection.

Gave it a little more slack and tightened the connection and now I have had no problems since.

3. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Ill try and get a pic of the whole thing tomorrow. and post it