Helix's 2011 Lancer Ralliart

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Helix, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Also bought recently and in need of installation upon my return home: four Ralliart scuff plates! Always liked they way they look. Adds to the sportiness/luxury/whatever of it all.

Oh and my Rally Armor mud flaps were delivered...but apparently they require a signature and since I'm out of the country and obviously not there to sign for them...they might be returned to sender. I'm currently trying to figure out how I can have them left with a friend.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  2. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

have the friend sign for you? my dad used to sign my shit like my intake had to be signed for he just signed lol

3. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Apparently the post office guy wouldn't let my friend sign for it in my name, but the post office is going to hold on to it for another three weeks, so I'll be able to pick it up when I get home.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  4. slickdevil08

tell the post man next time you see him that just becuz hes gunna lose his job doesnt mean he has to be a douche while on the job lol

5. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

LOL!

6. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Put my Ralliart scuff plates on today! It was pretty simple, only took about four Mumford & Sons songs long to install. Pics on the first page.

Also picked up my Rally Armor UR mudflaps from the post office today. Dunno when I'm gonna install them, probably this weekend.

[​IMG]

7. slickdevil08

build is coming along well! good stuff

8. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Got bored at home, so I also attached my Evo X-style plate re-locator. I used some outdoors mounting tape. It feels really solid on the bumper. Only thing I wonder now is how well it will withstand rain and car washes. I guess we'll see. But at least now I can stop worrying about getting pulled over haha. Pics on the first page.

9. slickdevil08

looks good lol looks like an evo :p

10. oldmonkie

oldmonkie New Member

Nice RA in RR! I love it!

11. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Okay, new idea... Bronze(ish) brake calipers! What do we think?

12. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

With some white or black wheels in front of them, I think it'd look sick.

13. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I don't know if I like white wheels. Not with my color. Black or dark gray I could do.

14. EricGTS

EricGTS Active Member

Yeah, they would look good IMO with a grey/black wheel.

15. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Bad news, guys.

The day started off well. Heavy snow in the morning cancelled work. But it didn't end very well. Went for a drive with a friend and entered an area that hadn't been plowed. We weren't being intentionally reckless or anything, but unfortunately took a turn a little too fast and hit some straight ice. Lost traction and swerved to avoid a car that was stuck. Ended up nose first in a ditch, next to a 3000GT. Took a few minutes to get out and a rinse at the car wash to asses the whole damage. It wasn't a hard impact, but it was enough to crack my bumper in three or four places. Already spoke with the Mitsubishi dealership and it turns out Ralliart front bumpers are pricey. Gonna be talking to the insurance company and a body shop in the next couple days. We'll see how it goes, but she'll be out of commission for at least a couple weeks. What a bummer.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  16. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

Just glad to hear you're doing well, cars will come and go man.

17. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

im going to have to agree with the above statement. and just take off the bumper. She will still drive. maybe after an alignment will she be good. As long as your not face first in the ditch we are glad you are ok.

18. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

So, went back to the scene of the "crash" (used lightly) yesterday, after I cooled down. The road was worse than I thought -- at least two inches of solid, uneven ice all throughout the intersection. The ditch on the side of the road wasn't as bad, though. It wasn't as steep a drop as it seemed from the driver's seat, but the snow at the bottom was pretty dense, so that explains the bumper damage. I also took her for a spin last night to make sure my steering and all that were good, and it was.

The wheels of repair will be set in motion tomorrow. Getting my inspection/estimate and a call from insurance after that. So, minor speed bump. Time to start looking for new, all-season tires for next winter.

19. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

20. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Not bad. I was looking at Continental ExtremeContact DWS and Kumho Ecsta ASX. Since I'll be getting them right after deployment, I figure I'll spend a little extra on the Conti's. I've heard very good things.