H&R lowering springs?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by voidedwarrenties, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

ya either way, ur stock struts will blow sooner then stock springs, basically no matter what :-\

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

+1...eventually they will

3. JDMFanatik

JDMFanatik Well-Known Member

camber kit doesn't really have anything to do with the struts. they're to even out the threadwear. you will eventually blow your struts, but it will all depend on how you drive the car. driving carelessly on bumps will put a higher chance to blow your struts.

4. LancerGT17

LancerGT17 Member

Hehe alright then I guess I'll just go with the H&R Springs, no camber kit, get wheels re-aligned for even tire wear, and say f*ck it to my struts till they blow out (in about 4-5 years depending how I drive I think) and when they do blow out, replace them. Does that sound about right?

*EDIT: Thanks for all the helps guys! Appreciate it!

5. JDMFanatik

JDMFanatik Well-Known Member

when you do replace the struts, make sure you replace it with aftermarket, and not OEM (stock) struts. or else you'll go in a circle. lol

6. LancerGT17

LancerGT17 Member

Haha of course :lol: I think I'll be going with the KYB something or another that I read about in a thread here. Hmmm... also read that H+R Springs go well with Koni Yelllow/Sport struts, would those fit on our Lancer? I can't find any exact answers on google so maybe you guys might know :D

*EDIT: Do I need to cut the bump stops for these springs?