Grille Neon

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by ChokingChicken, Mar 26, 2008.

1. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

OMFG HOW

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee do a how to ive been dying to do that to my white lancer
    OMGODDZZZZ i love it and i would def need a interior switch cuz well this is HIGHLY ilegal in canada lolz

2. ChokingChicken

ChokingChicken Well-Known Member

Well... here's the thing. I have virtually no experience with electrical, before i did this exact lighting on my old jeep, i didn't even know the difference between positive and negative.

took me 20 mins. I'm goin outside right now to find out where to pull the wires through the firewall so i can have my switch inside, so i'll let you know.

(trust me, I know it's illegal)

3. darklancer

sweet thanks man...yea im not to up and up on the wiring stuff...and my lancer is like ...4 days old lolz and i cant wait to pretty her up
    rite now it feels like shes a hot girl in bagy jeans and a hoody....she needs a sexy black dress that has a wicked body underneath :p

4. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

You mean, it's HIGHLY illegal in ALBERTA ;)

Here in Ontario (At least my city anyway) it's completely legal to have underglow on while driving as long as there's no red showing to the front of the car (because thats 'brake light' colors)

With all the lights on my car, it kinda makes me rethink about moving to Calgary next year... there's no way I'm taking them off!!

5. darklancer

lol true...i see em all the time and i dunno i have a freidn with a complete white underglow kit and hes never got a ticket so..

6. darklancer

hope you dont mind but im stealing the pic of your front grill for my avatar lol

7. darklancer

8. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

^ lol....

9. ChokingChicken

correct. it's illegal to have any other color of light on your vehicle other than amber, red and of course white. They say it's because if you have blue you could be mistaken for a police officer, green - a green light.
    (don't mind me, i'm training to be a cop, and i think it's a dumb rule.)

10. ChokingChicken

never gonna happen.

And hey, the avatar's cool. I'm never gonna turn down rep.

11. ChokingChicken

Ya, i'm gonna go ahead an post three times in a row. It's cool. It's my thread.

So i went outside tonight to finally wire the switch to the inside, got everything off and ready, then i ran into problems and gave up.
    couldn't find a spot in the firewall to get the wires through.
    I wanted to hook the switch into the switch covers to the left of the steering wheel but i didn't have a drill bit big enough to make it clean, so i decided to save it for another day.

I think i wanna try to hook it up to a remote so that i can do it that way instead. cleaner

12. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

That looks so sick bro. 8O

13. LuvMyLancer

FYI, there's already a hole in the firewall you can put wires through. That's what I did with my strobe lights yesterday.

Mind you, we had to rip up the carpet and weird styrofoam(sp?) to get to it, but it beats drilling holes in your car.

There's also a place to push wires through if you look where the hood hinge is. If you push 'em through thert e, they'll also come out in the passenger's foot well.

It all depends if you want to tear your car apart to get things installed or not ;)

14. LuvMyLancer

There's a green cavalier with green underglow here, he has it on ALL the time. :)

Mine's 3,000,000 colors so really, I don't think anyone's gonna think I'm anything other than a weird rainbow coming down the road half the time :p

I have the e-mail the police officer sent me saying it was okay to drive with them on printed out and in my car, so if I ever get pulled over for them, I have proof I was told it's okay.

15. ChokingChicken

i'm going to have to find this hole.

I know there's a hole where they drilled to get my sub wiring through but it's not big enough to get any more wiring in. unfortunately.

16. darklancer

god i cant wait to get that checked off my white knite projekt list