Greddy TiC vs Injen SES Exhaust

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by LTDan, Jan 16, 2009.

1. dergre

dergre Member

Sweet, the headers and pully are next to be ordered, still kinda up in the air about the exhaust. I was going to get injen but i dont want my car to sound like all the other RICE cars around my town. I wish i could hear it with Headers, Injen CAI and both exhaust's. Haha

2. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

i've given up on the power, just going for the looks and sound now...why spend more money on a car that just wasnt meant to be

3. dive_junkie

dive_junkie Well-Known Member

+1 for that

4. gauthui

gauthui Member

axle-back v.s cat-back.

what a diferent between them . sori guy , im pretty new on those things.
    thanks for helping

5. I had the Injen SES prototype tested on my 08 last year. I haven't been on this site for awhile but to be honest, the car only gained 8 HP with a hi-flow cat and they retail the exhaust for what $400+? Damn, stuffs pricey! But like I mentioned on the last thread about the underdrive pulley, some things aren't worth it. I know when we love our car and want to gain the most HP we look at the most exotic intakes and exhausts or other power adders but spending almost a grand for only 15 HP IMO, isn't worth it. I also had the Injen CAI tested on the car as well. Both retailed for close to $850 together. I couldn't pay for that and only got a 13 HP increase combined. It just my opinion, hope it makes sense, hate to see anyone get frusterated on purchases on their ride. :wink:

6. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

if you have a Lancer Tuners sticker on your Lancer, you gain +20 hp and +20 pounds of torque to the wheelz.

7. this is true!

8. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

hondas dont know about my stickers

9. Cousy14

Cousy14 Well-Known Member

i need a sticker then!!! :)

10. dejesus360

dejesus360 Member

I love the way my GReddy sounds! I always get compliments on the sound that's produced. The problem is that the GReddy is too close to the bumper. Anyone with suggestions on how to have it hang lower?

11. Carvs

Carvs Active Member

I'm fairly certain that I lost power on my GTS when I installed the cat-back Injen SES exhaust, it feels somewhat slower. Opening the exhaust piping eliminates backpressure on our engines and from what I've read, you want more backpressure on N/A engines. However, once I turbo my vehicle (hopefully) the exhaust will do wonders for my engine.

12. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

only 15hp on decals? u must b using the wrong decals, honestly decals wise ferrari decals give the most hp and best bang for buck, iv heard of civics pushing 400hp to the wheels with a few ferrari decals, best upgrade even better then turbo and superchargers

honestly if ur gunna get stuck in the hp race, every decal gives u best bang for buck in power, depending on each decal and all ferrari decal FTW

13. RuthlessRides

RuthlessRides Well-Known Member

sticker it up....