GReddy Ti-C//2nd thoughts

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by delphium_, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Back on topic: Any system you buy will obviously lower the weight of your exhaust. The biggest weight drop would be to do what that genius Ektor did and just remove your exhaust and leave nothing there.

The WORKs exhaust has no muffler, so that would be the next lightest option. Then comes all sorts of mufflers that are universal or built for our car. If you have a shop weld on a universal muffler, you arent guarenteed a good flow out the tail. At least with one designed for our car, HOPEFULLY the shop designed it the high quality standards.

From what I have read of your posts here and on EvoM, you are probably just going for look and sound, so your youtube search is your best bet. Buy the exhaust you like and find a local shop to get that thing on. But then if you are trying to impress people on car forums, your best bets are either RRM or the Injen SES system once it comes out.

2. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

hahah, i could care less what people online have to say.
    all i'm saying is

For $300 What REAL HP gains can i get from an exhaust?

If i had the cash for the SES i would get one on the spot but i dont and i'm not good at saving.

So i guess my next bet would be impress myself.

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Seriously?!?!? and when it happens PLEASE let me know how long it takes for Mitsu Road Side Service to help you.

[​IMG]

4. delphium_

WILL DO! :thumbright:

5. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

man...you guys spend that much on the muffler and only got 4whp on it...thats alot of money for a few hp...no offense...i guess their really that good...i got my greddy evo exhaust for $25 from a guy who wrecked his evo b4 he could put it on...got it installed for $50...and it sound really2x nice...i dont know the hp gain on it, but if you could put it as $75=2-4hp, I am really happy about

6. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

take it from me, you guys won't be disapointed in the SES system from Injen. Save some cash.

Even still, by the time Injen finally gets this thing out MAYBE more companies will either have their own header-back, or at least the price will drop for other mufflers and such.

Nice tone, not so loud going +80 on the freeways. Gives good low-end punch.

I'd save the cash.

7. bras_33

low-end? I thought it was for the top? So many opinions!!!!!!

8. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

i figured my cold air helped with the topend because the low end punch of a cold-air intake is NON apparent.

so im left to think that my pulley, piggy and exhaust are helping with the lower end.

Going from stock to Injen SES, i noticed RIGHT AWAY that the needle climbed quicker then with my stock exhaust set up.

plus who are you gonna believe? Lolz. I haz it. Anyone else who claims to know what this thing does is a 2nd-hand opinion

9. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I disagree, alot of companies hike up prices due to demand, R&D, and there name.

Custom exhausts if made and right and u knoe what you are doing. can be as good as a popular name brand system.

I think if I bought a high flow cat and nice muffler and brought it to a shop for a tru catback..it could perform as well as a pop, name company.

10. delphium_

See chetman has the right mentality!

and evolve, trust dude if i had 9 bills to my name i would get the SES hands down but the muffler i'm getting will do for now..

11. chetman7

ha thanks
    2 monthes ago, I couldn't wait for the injen system to come out. I sold all my non necessities on ebay, I finally have enough money and now i'm having second thoughts lol. Its the fact i actually have the money that is giving me second thought of spending it cause I really want to get my motorcycle license this summer...and a bike. That'll feed me need for speed for a while

12. delphium_

ehh i'd go for the bike, you can get a pretty good one that needs some elbow grease for 900

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

or just get the SES for $700 and you have that extra cash for more mods ;)

14. delphium_

haha that can also work..

15. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

if you wanna just buy a muffler nobody is stopping you but im not too sold on the idea these mufflers provide 4+ hp like some people have mentioned.
    It's all up to you now.

16. bras_33

17. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. chetman7

Where u gettin the SES for 700

19. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

20. Dukekid0987