Fujita SRI Released

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Wasper, Nov 30, 2007.

1. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

pretty nice for sri :D

2. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

yeah, just found a place a few towns over that can get it for me for $205 out the door... they said its coming up $196 and they have to order it, so its like $9-$10 shipping.

I think I'm going to ask Santa (my wife, lol) for this :)

3. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

i dont know which one i want to get now...injen or fujita.i think the price is gonna win me

4. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

is there a differnc between the stock piping attatched the filter like RRM's to the metal piping in the fijita? wouldn't the metal piping absorb heat and be dentrimental te power??

5. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

^ Aluminum disperses heat pretty rapidly, so I dont think that would be a problem at all. I read somewhere that they did studies that show it doesnt matter what material is used, be it plastic, rubber, ceramic or aluminum.

The thing about this set up is it feels more complete then the RRM version.. it just looks so much better. for the extra $30 you get a more robust set-up.

All that said, the RRM version IS cheaper.. and if those studies are correct, then it doesnt matter that RRM used the OEM rubber inlet hose.

Only thing putting me off from purchasing from RRM, is RRM never posted up any dynos for thier product, even though its been on the market for a good time now.

I realize some people will say that you cant trust dynos provided by the company/manufatuor... but, the numbers posted have to be acurate, within reason, otherwise its considered false advertisement, which is illegal.

If RRM posted up dynos for thier SRI and it was comprible to the Fujita, then I would buy RRM's in a heartbeat. From what I gather... being new to this... RRM has been around and has a good track record with thier performance parts, but I still want to know what Im buying.

RRM... We want to purchase your product, but you have to please show us the dynos!!! :D

6. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I cannot believe you guys are buying into this hype. Do some research before you even think about making a large purchase like this off of "CLAIMED" manufacture dynos.

I like how he states that it was 127.33 whp stock. Not 1 single member on here or EmoM has posted numbers that high on a stock 08 Lancer. This is to include me. I'm not even in the 135s with an exhaust, pulley, and piggy.

KRU isn't even that high with full exhaust and a CAI.

7. chetman7

wat kind of dyno were u using

8. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

Umm.. Not hype....

Actually,its funny you mentioned KRU.... KRU posted his dynos when he dyno'ed his Injen equipment. He said that he spent the whole day putting back to OEM and dyno'ed stock then each part individually.

His base-line Dyno for stock was 126.13 whp and 125.67 lb tourqe... and thats on a CVT model. Thats only 1.2 hp and 3lb tourqe difference. So, I think that those numbers from Fujita are totally possible... especially if it was done with a MT model which we know puts out alittle more then the CVTs.

And, kmxxbadboy from evolutionm.net put up 126.77 hp bone stock in his CVT...

Heres the link to the thread... http://lancertuners.com/modules.php?nam ... pic&t=1545

9. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

you can't compare dyno's even dynojets. for all we know the CVT puts out more power because it has not been run back-to-back with a manual on the same dyno in the same conditions. These companies provided before and after results to show a gain, and thats what people should focus on, not the ending number. The fujita shows an approx gain that is nearly the same as the injen CAI but the injen ran under hotter conditions.

10. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

shit evom had a low 140's stock, so yea its possible, why dont you go do some more searching before acting like god

11. GODZILLA

GODZILLA Well-Known Member

^^LMAO^^ :lol:

12. midunn

midunn Well-Known Member

13. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

^^rotflmao^^ so true, sounds like some haters coming in pissed off because a company puts up real numbers. and some may not know, but the guy that owns Fujita or partial owner, not sure, he was 40% owner of Injen. he went his seperate ways and has been making quality stuff at Fujita. so hard telling who is making Injen's stuff, but if it makes 10hp gain, sweet, but I'll go $100 cheaper and get the same proven result.

14. SeRious08

KRU is also involved with Injen. Not saying he is lying but I refuse to buy into believing companies dynos. Maybe I should restate what I was saying.

"No member that isn't affiliated with a manufacture has posted numbers that high."

The Turbonator intake things claimed 10+ hp on cars too WITH Dynos on thier site. You have all seen the adds in cars - "Supercharge Any Car". We all know that this is false. But hey, they have dynos so it has to be true.

Yes, kmxxbadboy posted a whp of 126.77 but look at his tq numbers. 116.59 wtq. Thats nowhere near the 128.67 this company is claiming.

15. SeRious08

No, you are wrong. My orginal statement was "Not 1 single MEMBER on here or EvoM has posted numbers that high on a stock 08 Lancer." It was done by Atlantic Motorsports whoare not members and it was done on a non-proven dyno system. DYNOmite Dynameter... :roll:

So, get your facts straight before you try and be a smartass.

16. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

^ I dont think KRU would steer us wrong, he does alot with this community and if he says he went to a shop and dyno'd his car @ stock and then with his performance parts, and comes here with his results... then I will beleive him.

Also, these numbers from KRU are on a PZEV model, who knows if fujita used a PZEV or a Fed spec'ed model for thier testing.

But.. anyway, I will concede and say that I see where your coming from, in todays commercial world its hard to know who to trust. I do take this into account when making purchasing decissions...

But, I need to some kind of effort from a company to back thier products with gain numbers... something RRM has yet to do.

17. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

Well lets just say this......regardless, your going to get some gains. Its just common sense that aftermarket is going to give you better results then stock, maybe not as much as some claim, but most of the time its some gain. But when a company is willing to put dyno results up and two companies are pretty much at the same stock, then almost the same after the result....and both are competing companies, you have to say those dyno's are most likely accurate, especially on the stock results. Mitsubishi claims the car has 152hp, and 120's to the wheels would make perfect sense based upon that 152 mark since that is most likely at the drivetrain. Now I'm new to tuning these 4 cylinders and imports, I had a Mustang before that just cost too much in gas, insurance and having to have a second car for winter. But coming from mods I did on my Mustang, you would definitely get bigger gains just on intake and exhaust. From what I can see on the Lancer, its very similar......from the factory they just don't let these things breath and have to limit things in order for people to buy. Reason being, these cars are more appealing to consumers when they know Insurance isn't going to nail them since its not high powered. And hence the reason why Mustangs, Camaro's, etc are all under tested and when dyno'd show better results then what is claimed by the Manufacturer, to save the consumer money on insurance. So basically, buy it and expect some gains, some mods will be more noticeable, some will not.......and if you dont want to buy it, then stop being a wine box.

18. SeRious08

I would also agree to with that to a point. RRM does Dynos but they are for thier own personal gains. They let "independent" customers (not someone sponsored or affiliated with them) do the test and post numbers.

Point being, now that KRU has posted a 10+ hp gain with the intake, what happens when someone buys it and only gains 2hp? All the bitching and complaining will fly around. Therefore, RRM doesn't post the numbers they find. That way, no one can say they lied about #s.

19. chetman7

RRM stated that their SRI would knock a second of ur 0-60.

Does anyone noe how to do the math on that? Is there anyway of calculating how much horsepower is gained in order to drop a second