FREE TIRES FROM MITSU DEALER

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by blkdout1, Feb 2, 2009.

1. 4g63lover

4g63lover Well-Known Member

same with mine. they especially suck in the snow. That service # would be great my daily needs some new tires, especially since my sister will be driving it soon.

2. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

yes service number please... i wanna get this taken care of by the end of the week and i wanna give them a call tomm.. so if someone could please :) lol

3. medic

medic Well-Known Member

No kidding! Its supposed to snow out here again this week and I'd really rather not have these f@*?#-! Dunlops still.

4. mikeike8

..... still no word on that service number???

5. brian95638

brian95638 Well-Known Member

Pls update us!

6. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

I'm about ready to call Bull Shhhh...

7. himgotscarf

himgotscarf Well-Known Member

i'm working on getting a link to another site where someone has put all of their service documents up for download, but you have to be a member to access the info(for some strange reason the site won't let me register) I emailed prophet about it, just waiting to hear back, this isn't BS from what other things i have read on it, blkdout1 is not the only one the dealership's are doing this for.

8. medic

medic Well-Known Member

As soon as u get the info let us know cause if I can get my tires replaced for free my new wheels are that much closer

9. dive_junkie

dive_junkie Well-Known Member

Ok I decide to do some more research on this topic. Most of the time you would think if that were the case with the tires being incorrect for our cars there would be a recall right. Well I did search on NHTSA and didn't find anything on this. There were no recalls for any Lancers from 2007 on. Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look at it.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/index.cfm

Now this does't mean that there isn't something wrong with the tires but at least we know it's not a recall on the car.
    I also did a recall search on the tires and it doesn't even list the tire in the recall drill down. So I guess its not something that someone has disputed yet. Maybe if we can gather enough information from here and other sights we can drop a line to them and file one.

10. himgotscarf

himgotscarf Well-Known Member

http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/index. ... 32929&st=0

there is the site i was talking about, there are a bunch of us out there talking about the same issue. Someone has posted all of their details, but you have to be a member, if anyone could hook us up and get them on this site i think it would be very helpful.

11. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

I call bullshit, and I work in the industry and see EVERY tire recall and issue. And I own two mitsubishi's and sell tires to a number of local mitsu dealers, and haven't heard a lick of this issue. The load rating is adequate. The Dunlops max inflation pressure is 51psi and can hold 1279lbs PER TIRE at max pressure.

Tire issues are taken with the utmost seriousness, and if there was a issue with the tires, trust me, you would have heard about it through credible channels, not the internet message boards. And I'd have heard of it too. Want to know how I know? Because I just saw a recall from Michelin for 600 tires. Yea, you read that number right...600.

12. mikeike8

ok so i called the dude from the mitsu dealership i bought my car from and i told him what yall have told me and asked him what i could. he told m he could call me back the next day (which was friday) because thats when the head honcho guy was coming in and would be able to tell me the yes or the no if they were actually doin this anywhere in the US... so i got a call from the guy on friday and he said he talked to the head guy and he said that they do NOT do this... and that he hasnt heard anything about this. he said that there is no recall on the dunlop tires that we have and that there is nothing we can do about this at this point. he gave me a number and said if i wanted to start a case that i could call that number and then do something about it... i personally dont have the time for it but if the tires keep pissing me off i might go ahead and do it...

has anyone else contacted their dealership and found out anything? and if so what is it u told them to get anything done.. or is it evn possible to get anything done???

13. blkdout1

blkdout1 Well-Known Member

Sorry it took so long but i got the INFO ON THE TIRES. This is all they could tell me

tech hotline case #

Hope it helps

14. medic

medic Well-Known Member

Cool I guess I know what I'm doing Thursday. Thanks

15. blkdout1

blkdout1 Well-Known Member

its not a reacal mitsu messed up when giving dunlop the specs from what they tell me the tires work but they just dont handle as well are other tires would you can call bullshit all you want but maybe you should know what you sell to dealers cuz i aint bullshittin.