Flowmaster axel-back v2 Update

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Wasper, Jan 12, 2008.

1. 08LanceRage

08LanceRage Well-Known Member

I drove it for a few miles and it started sounding nice ! Very nice ! Why do people pay so much fora axle back ? $115 is all i paid and it sounds good .
    Thanks for searching around Wasper . Nice and deep !

2. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

Well i don't know what it is but, call me a wuss, but i'm afraid of screwing myself over with the weld on exhausts.
    i know it would be cheaper, but i don't wanna void my warranty to the point where they can prove anything since it'll be defected and i woun't be able to put the stock parts back on.

Is the flowmaster a weldon?
    i take it it is from the "custom piping"

Sorry if i sound like a noob this is my first car before this car i had known 0 about cars period.. i always wanted a lancer since i was 12, got interested in tuning it since i'm big on customization.. &my car still has the dealer plates.. to let you know how new i am to this.

A little help would be nice. thanks alot

3. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

/\ man i bought an universal muffler on ebay for 29$.took it to a muffler shop where im at,asked them if they could install my muff. as a bolt on so it wont void my warranty.i paid only $90 total,for my exhaust/muffler and it is a bolt on exhaust and it sounds awesome.

4. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

No shit?
    wow i'll have to take that into consideration..

5. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

the flowmaster can either be a bolt on or permanant exhaust. waspers is a bolt on because you bolt it on to the rear flange (its an axle and a cat back). if you want it permanant, a muffler shop can cut a section out of your oe pipe and weld it in place of that section. then youll have to worry about what to do with the oe muffler. most anything can be set up as a bolt on.

6. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

hey man, glad it turned out well ! I personally like the 40's too, not raspy or anything, just a nice mellow base tone.

Im glad you like it, one thing though, paint your new flowmaster with some exhaust paint (you can buy it in any auto zone or car place). Flows are aluminzed steel, as apposed to stainless. So, they will last longer then a steel muffler, but will still rust after a while. Painting willextend the life of it and will make it look better too :)

7. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

I forgot I posted this vid a while back in the video section.

This was after I got the RRM SRI installed, it gives you an idea what the Flowmaster 40 series sounds like with the SRI.

Also, if you pay attention to the RPMs on the tach, you can see what I was talking about with how the flowmaster resinates at certain RPMs. At the start of the vid I bang thruogh three gear pretty quick with the revs high, and the bass doesnt really show well. But, afterwards I kept the revs around 2400 - 3100 RPMs and you can really hear the bass then.

[​IMG]

8. 08LanceRage

Will do !

9. 08LanceRage

Sounds Cool hers acouple of videos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]