Factory HU w/ RF system

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by Dotter, May 22, 2008.

1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

The older Cavilers were the same way. They would move the stock headunit under the seat. All that is required is a jumper. You would have to have an installer solder it in or make a harness. I'm sure its possible with the Lancer but noone has tried it. Besides, I would rather spend $150 on a new and better amp and screw the stock stuff.

2. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

well... i'll be getting the sun and sound when i get my GTS but not the navi (way too over price rather get my own) so i'm gonna install an aftermarket 2din HU (prob w/ nav)... and i'm not too big on audio so i'll want to keep my stock amp/speaker/sub... which is y i'd like to find a way to do it... are u saying that doing the method (as done w/ the cavilers and civics) might work for the lancers? ne one care to try? =)

3. SeRious08

There really is no need to try it. Who wants to hide a double din radio somewhere in the car when its not needed?

Just buy the Axxess MITO-01 and you can remove the stock radio completely and retain the factory amps.

4. Bryn1987

but would u still retain the sub as well? cuz i want a way to keep all of the OEM RF audio (including sub/amp) with an aftermarket HU....

5. SeRious08

Yes the Axxess part allows you to retain the factory amp(s) and sub while using an aftermarket headunit.

6. Bryn1987

alright thats what i wanted to know thx... i guess i'll add that to my list of things to do :)

7. babydubz

babydubz New Member

quick question...

if the car comes with the factory RF system (non-navi) and I decide to retrofit the OEM Navi, will I need any special harnesses to make the factory sub and amp work with the HU?

8. SeRious08

No, for you it will be "plug and play". All the wiring is still there. I have the regular 6 speaker system and it had all the wiring.