dropping a new engine

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by NamorA, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Might not be the driver but it might be the car lol...

2. Prophet

That makes more sense to me... but I am curious to know what is your engine code? I thought the new Lancer was supposed to be a world spec Lancer?

3. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

the code of my engine is 4B10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_4B1_engine

as you can see, it has a different stroke than the 4B11 engine.
    so it might by an other crankshaft, but maybe it has only a other head or other pistons??
    i don´t know.

the only way to find it out is that some one in the USA asks his seller for the part number for the important parts (pistons, crankshaft, head,...) so i can complain it with the number her in Austria.

but i haven´t got some one who would do this for me.

maybe someone of you would be so kind??
    that would be great!!

4. Prophet

With the Mitsubishi CAPS program couldn't you cross refresnce parts number?

5. blackOZ

blackOZ Well-Known Member

exactly my point
    i dont under stand how he lost to a sierra if my lancer beat a impala ss

6. mpirklbauer

the one i found is an old version from 2004 and i can´t find a updated version.
    do you have a link for the actually program?

7. ULIKEIT

ULIKEIT Member

Well.... i would just keep with the car you have. I mean honestly for the money what are you going to get that is going to be faster. and dont tell me a TC because I break those off daily since there are so f ing many of them in Los Angeles running around. I mean I dont know the price of a colbolt SS but come on really its a cobolt. I don't need to say much more. I just came back from road race. and with there 09 lancer GTS. with i believe headers intake and exhaust is faster then the RA.... and this is coming from a mistu engineer.and that is without rebuilding the motor. So there is alot of hope for these cars. Like someone mentioned before. You can make any car fast with enough money, and what they did is not even alot of money. Especially when you are talking about trading in your car for a more expensive car.

basically what I'm saying is that you can make your lancer faster then a ra for less then the price of an RA... :D :D :D :D :D :D how can you beat that... the only think your missing is awd. and if you can drive well enough... that does not matter unless you want to be the DK(drift king) and that is even questionable .

Just my two cents.

8. mpirklbauer

sorry but even the best driver can´t compensate the missing awd.
    have a look on youtube and watch some evo movies, the traction is great!
    but your are right, to get the car faster you don´t need so much money.
    the only think is you are driving around illegal and that can be expensive.
    In Austria you won´t get the turbo registered, that is the main problem.

9. mpirklbauer

does anyone know how much a 4b12 is?

In Austria it´s a round 17 000$ so to expensive for my thoughs.
    So i thought that I can buy one from the US and ship it to Austria.

And no I won´t go for an EVO X engine because I need to buy other breaks an intercooler and so on and for that I may be able to
    buy a whole new car.

10. l_lancer1

l_lancer1 Well-Known Member

after reading alot of these replies i still dont understand why your so upset you lost to a v8.... like come on reall? a v8 vs a inline 4, unless your running boost and some shit to back it up then dont expect a victory. as for a swap id say just wait, alot of people have pointed out that yea u could do it but your better of just saving your cash an you still run the same risk of messing shit up. dont forget you do have a warrenty that if you drop that 4b11 out of your car an start tuning it, that thing is gone, so when you do mess up your car they wont fix it. Really just wait til some more stuff comes out for the lancer. i got a few cosmetic mods an people call me rice for it, but its kinda of hard to make your car faster when there still isnt much out for it.

11. mpirklbauer

the problem is I´ve the 4B10 with only 143 hp, there is nothing out for it yet.
    So my options are waiting, put some parts of the 4B11 on, were I don´t know if that will work better, or putting in an other engine.
    If I´ll drop in an other engine I won´t go for the 4B11, because if I start with this work, it should be it worth at all.
    So I´ll go for the 4B12.

12. medic

medic Well-Known Member

If you're looking to the 4b12 to solve your problems look elsewhere. There is still minimal stuff for the 2.4L also. Be patient, upgrade where you can as you can legally then when you're ready go hand that guy his ass, just make sure that when you do you show him its the same engine he told you to trade in...