Diference Between GTS 08 & 09

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by roxygts, Oct 19, 2008.

1. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

eh im pretty sure the 09 US ones get blue gauges. then again u get heated seats so dont complain. lol

2. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

2009 United States GTS high meter gauges, es and de are still the red ones pictured above. From the specs on the mitsubishi motors site, and a tip if the vin on the car matches the window sticker, its probably right, as most dealers probably wont try to cheat you out a 2.4L... just your money, or argue that your car does not have a timing chain, rather a belt.... 8O

[​IMG]

3. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

very jelous.. i want those blue gauges on my Octane Blue Pearl :cry:
    someone figure out how to change the lights or film or whatever it is. lol

4. JGSkains

JGSkains Well-Known Member

The year is in the vin number, look at the labels inside the door right beside the driverside threshold and find the vin number. starting at the last number count to the left 8 places that number should be either an 8 or a 9 that will be the model year.

5. roxygts

roxygts Member

Ok, it's a 9 so I guess that makes it official. But still no blue gauges. I'm stuck with the red ones. It's kind of strange that Puerto Rico doesn't get the blue ones since we're part of the U.S.

This is a cospiracy. :lol:

6. TheGrub

TheGrub Active Member

US GTS with leather does not have heated seats ? I could understand for the southern part of the US but not the northern states !!

7. PepitoMivec

PepitoMivec Member

I live in Puerto Rico too and the gauges are red I hope its a 09 if not then the dealer pretty much robbed me lol I bought it at Autos del Caribe for 22K and its a very good car pretty fast compared to the class it is.

8. roxygts

roxygts Member

Hey Bro, I also bought it at Autos del Caribe. Those fuckers better not robbed us. :lol: I went as far as to call the offices of Mitsubishi Motors Caribe, I gave them the VIN and they told me in fact that the car was 09. You can verify it yourself, starting at the last number count to the left 8 places that number should be either an 8 or a 9 that will be the model year. There's a sticker below when you open the hood and it should say the engine type, 2.0 or 2.4L. I doubt they will put those signs of 09 when the car is 08, but you know, the doubt is always there since the engine doesn't say it anywhere and since we live in Puerto Rico, if you know what I mean. :p :wink:

The car is still on break in, so I haven't giving it a good ride.