Change the color of the RPM and MPH lights

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by BigSteve, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

u gotta know how to buy cars... just tell each dealer to give u a quote, and that u "are" shopping around at more then one dealership... u'll get a good deal from one of them... the places people get ripped off are where there isn't another dealership for hours... over here, there's a mitsu dealership each time u blink o_O

2. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

+1 on everything said.

3. ChokingChicken

ChokingChicken Well-Known Member

k so back to the lights,

someone on evoM told me that all the lights in the dash are leds soldered onto pcb boards that would be tough to replace, i tried to get to the lights behind the stereo controls but it got too tough and i gave up, so anyone figure it out yet?

4. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

i asked my dealer and he said he had only heard of one person ever doing it and he just replaced the whole dash set so like everything that lights up...new... he bought it from custom store in montreal but they dont deliver for some reason so budy drove from calgary to montreal (san fran to boston) and gotem custom made.....1600 bucks...so if your up for a drive.

5. minus

minus Member

ooh.... pcb soldering. Done it a quite a few times before. Not too difficult, but not too fun either. Big question is are the led's standard dome style or surface mounts?

6. ChokingChicken

i think he said surface mount

7. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

surface i think

8. minus

minus Member

Well, I'll stick with the red....

9. ChokingChicken

what fun is that?

10. minus

minus Member

the fun in not having to mess with led's anymore....and soldering. I do enough of that on a daily basis at work.

11. ChokingChicken

wanna do mine?

12. minus

minus Member

i'm gonna have to pass on that one. :)

13. ChokingChicken

worth a shot

14. minus

minus Member

thats true, man. it was.