Best CVT shift points

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Gflo412, Jul 29, 2008.

1. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

ugh my friends dad just got a gti
    so sick
    im dieing to get an R32
    in blue of course

2. rallygirl08

rallygirl08 Member

no mods only the hfp wheels but its all stock , he uses royal purple engine oil but thats it!! trust me hes always telling me what a piece of shit my car is!! lancer has turned a corner with the 08 and im pround to show it off!

3. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

oh good idea flow. ill just go ahead and by 3 right now.

4. SoflaGTS

bu 4 i need one!

5. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Just helping out Evolve and 1 is for me right?

6. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

of course. you recommended it. 8)

7. JDM FLOW

True. I'd like one in white w/18' rims auto cause dsg f*ckin r0cks!

8. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

My only running-joke with that Si is that when you pull the ebrake up @ cruise the Si has an annoying "DING". My Lancer doesn't "ding" when i pull my ebrake up.

but um........that's about it. lulz

The Si is lighter, lower, and faster. It's gay they have a 6th gear. It's for highway purposes basically but does nothing to help it's lack of torque.

9. SoflaGTS

lol auto cus sumone cant drive stick =P
    ive driven th 6 speed and i fell in love
    gimme that stick =P

10. rallygirl08

rallygirl08 Member

listen dick face dont call me a liar and i didnt beat an si at 4000 dumb ass he let me win it was a fuckin joke you do know what a joke is right? and im very aware what an si is and what its capable of, if you think its so great go get one ! you should read all posts before you assume!! get off this forum and fuck yourself

11. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

lmao. ZING!

12. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

Anger issues much? 8O Anyways I thought this thread was about "fake" shiftpoints for the CVT...why the random derailment of GTI talk and Civic SIs? Anyways the CVT is essentially one long gear and the paddle shifters are there to amuse you into thinking you are shifting/changing gears. :roll:

13. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

There is some control the driver has. CVT isn't a gimmick.

Nobody in their right-mind would try to go strong uphill @ 2-3k when they can "downshift" using the higher range of the engine for the pull.

Nobody also would drive around in the city @ 5k-redline when they can "upshift" to a lower rpm range.

It has it's merit.

14. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

+1 on that.

Why you guys arguing and insulting each other for other peoples cars?? Dont be surprised if the MAJORITY of cars out there can smoke the fuck out of a loaded 08 lancer. This car wasnt made for performance. for that, mitsu made the evo. Idont even bother anymore with performance cuz theres just no point. Think about it. Even with RRMs turbo and all the other goodies that are out now, i highly doubt youll get any REAL performance out of our cars, and trust me, it hurts to say it.

15. Dr1fter

If you wanted control you would have gone 5-speed :D

16. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

im not defending CVT cuz i have one. I have a 5speed. But you rolling your eyes in your posts makes you seem smug.

Don't see how you can be.... we ALL drive lancers. you know...those slow things that have less than 160 hp. yea those.

no way in hell i'd get Auto. F that

17. Dr1fter

Whether they are all slow or not...Put two competent drivers up against each other and the 5-speed should walk the CVT every time.

18. JDM FLOW

DSG is the shit man!

19. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

I've found that 3500 RPM's is the ideal shift point when in CVT mode.

20. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

I know there is a thread regarding Manual vs CVT, this one is "supposed" to be about the best (CVT) shift points. So how about we get back on topic?