Best CVT shift points

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Gflo412, Jul 29, 2008.

1. mischief

mischief Well-Known Member

i didnt launch. just stomped it on green! crap imma try that launch thingy next time!

2. 08LancerGTS

08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Ha I wouldn't make it a habit because I'm sure you will break something

3. xXBrutalXx

xXBrutalXx Well-Known Member

And last i checked Heart Attacks are pretty serious

4. REDGTS

REDGTS Well-Known Member

CVT sport mode must shiftchanging at 6000 rpm

6000 rpm pump 152hp

i drag race with my friend (both 08 GTS) he upshift and 6000 and i upshift at 5500..i was the loser, that 500 rpm makes a lot of difference, u can try that

5. mischief

red gts , wat was ur time with the paddle shifters???
    man i can't get nothing lower than 8.2 i keep it on drive and launch and it's consistant 18.2. the dude i raced has the same car with paddle shifts and he hit a 17 something.
    either way they both were horrible times.

6. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Mischef, you probably have the PVEZ model.

7. mischief

u know what i dont knw which one i have! i dont want to believe that i have that one. sucks im from guam and iheard they're pzev models are only in cali.

8. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

don't worry we don't have the PZEV model. I checked under the hood a while back.

9. mischief

THANK GOD!! i was worrying about that alll day long at work !
    thanks for pulling me out the ditch.haha

10. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

lol. No problem.

11. LANCERGTS2008

LANCERGTS2008 Active Member

I too think the D mde is faster and least pulling off and the car just knows what is best for speed. We just like the sport mode because we can control the ratios. I think the sport mode does serve a purpose because it allows me to slowdown the car and control like when I race it the is more controlable over D mode for sure.

Once I get the turbo put in it will definitely shine then.

12. rallygirl08

rallygirl08 Member

shifting at 6000 seems abit extreme.. i shift at 3500 to 4000 and im out like a rocket..with a little chirp in my meats..in case you guys havnt noticed there is no bottem end in automatic therefor takin off in 1st with the paddles is much better! i down shift like a mother @$%% on the highway and pass cars like they were standing still. its all in the timing fellas!! maybe girls are better drivers :lol: . i raced an 07 si heads up and killed it. all top end.

13. GTS_Lancer

GTS_Lancer Well-Known Member

+1^^^^^^^^^^that girl knows what shes talkin about!
    i cant really help you out on when to exactly shift but the what i do is just listen and you can hear it. But the car is def not faster in D because D takes WAY too long to even change gears!!!

14. mischief

that sounds weird?? can u post a clip of ur shift methods or somehting???
    beating an si is kinda hard ta believe specailly the new ones. maybe he wasnt really racing u? i dont know im not dogging on u just wanna see some proof and stuff! and plus it's hot when a girl drives a hot car so props ta you!

15. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

the best CVT shift point is the point where you put it i park at the dealership an trade in for a manual
    end of story :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    =P

16. mischief

well this is for those of us that didnt think of just about ourselves and got an auto due ta the fact that some of our family members dont drive manual cars, or for those who simply dont know how ta drive a stick.
    i can drive a stick, but my siblings dont.
    i wish i could go trade it in for a stick , but can't.
    and sadly the ralliart isnt coming in stick so im sh*t out of luck...

17. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

lol im just playing bro
    i kinda like that nobody except my dad can drive my car though =P
    cus he barely fits in it

18. GTS_Lancer

GTS_Lancer Well-Known Member

Dude i wish i had a stick but i didnt have a choice in that because my dad is the one who got me the car. I wish i had a stick tho! Stick shift makes driving more entertaining.

19. mischief

i know u was playing, i didnt mean ta sound offended or anything. haha i re read wat i wrote and i sounded like a sad ass. haha.
    i wish i had a stick i know it would be a lot faster, but the cvt is cherry so it's all good.

20. rallygirl08

rallygirl08 Member

wow you guys need to stop drinkin so much haterade!! no i dont drag it was on my street and its my bfs si maybe he let me win but i dought it!! haha actually stick is slower than paddles only cuz the clutch slows you down, no clue what my time was nor do I care. i wont do it again only cuz she was runnin HOT!! and i took my airbox out temporarilly... but listen everyones entitled to their own opinion but i didnt join a forum to argue with strangers. what id like to know is when is a mitsubishi gonna hold its value!!???