45$ SRI AHAHAHAHA jerry rig ftmfw

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by darklancer, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Im only here to keep the peace :silent:

I do have to credit him for trying, but discrediting companies who use up alot of their funds to make products for us by showing us a science fair project he made (which he failed) aint cool. Like i said before, his car, his business. He cant say we didnt warn him, right?

2. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

whoever posted this on 4b11lancers you are just wrong lol...but I admit its funny.

[​IMG]

EDIT: I see what who created it :lol:

3. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

PWNT! +1

4. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

hey dark...i dont feel sorry for you, because you did what you thought to be right and cheap...but notice that CHEAP aint the right way to go all the time...yeah maybe your income isnt as great, but you couldve saved up some $$ and then go with the real thing...because right now all of us that have CAIs and SRIs can take it off and put back our OEM box for any warranty issues...you on the other hand, my friend, have to BUY the OEM filter box...do you know how EXPENSIVE OEM parts are???hell, you show us all you dont know squat by doing what you have done...but dont take this the wrong way, just learn from it and carry on, now you know to come HERE first and ASK for ideas before doing something you have no clue of...because im sorry, i know a lot of mechanics that love to talk trash, as long as they get PAID...dont get fucked like that again, and the way to do that is by discussing first and reading the many great threads that LT has to offer...peace

5. Talon_66

Talon_66 Active Member

You should bring this out to HAN next month

6. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

this thread needs LOCKED,enoughs been said.Let him be.

7. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

^ What needed to be said has been said. Just remember that if opinions are requested, they DEFINITELY will be given.

With that in mind, I believe he gets the point. No need to continue. He did try something original so props to you for trying. Besides, how many of you guys can say you've done something outrageous like this before? Live and learn...lets move on...

8. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

lol@20hp. I bet you made maybe 4-5whp at most. This is typical for an NA car of similar displacement. A CAI only nets around 7-9whp. Most turbo cars don't even net 20whp from an intake...most. Your mechanic was an idiot PERIOD to let you do this. No rational mechanic would advise you hack apart your stock airbox to retrieve the MAF sensor. A better home grown option would have been to purchase a MAF mount and clamps. You just effectively removed your chances of getting warranty work done IF you take it to the dealer like that. I'd see if I can find another stock airbox to purchase and then spend a little more time finding the right parts. Spectre makes several DIY intake parts and its still not expensive. Their MAF pipe is roughly 13 bucks.

9. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

I could have sworn that I made a statement to drop it...

For everyone else...there is only a need for so many comments before it turns into a public bashing on someone's work. Of course there are going to differing opinions and most of which has already been stated. Whether you agree with it or not, keep it respectable.

Everything that needs to be said has been said so there is no further use for this thread. It will be locked. I figured the following post after mine would be a change of tune but I was wrong. If anyone wants to complain about that feel free to let me know. If you don't feel comfortable giving me your opinion, there are other mods and admins available to complain to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.