1/4 mile times?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Bryn1987, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Bayurea

Bayurea Well-Known Member

i think our california LAncers are 142hp am i wrong cant remember..

2. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

hah...ill be counting the days...ill let you know when i go up there....

at least you guys get the better looks including the the headlight...traction control and that wiper tingi...

just slap in an intake and an exhaust...and i think youll be close to 152hp

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Went to the race track today. 84-88 degrees, 15-20mph headwind, Asphalt track in Fontana, CA. First 08, RRM intake and 5speed=17.0sec. Second 08 Stock/5speed=17.1sec. The X, Stock/5speed=14.3sec. Those were the results. The guy with the RRM intake said he will post his times on evom. Note-PZEV vehicles.

4. Arcanas

Arcanas Well-Known Member

yeah, PZEV standards dropped our HP from 150 to 140 (I'm generalizing obviously)

Something to do with the extra Cat we've got installed.

I think once you take off one of the converters it'll go up, and installing the RRM header does just that. But of course you'll be stuck with a CEL since the computer thinks something is wrong with one of the cats.

5. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

I ran a 17.5 with just my cat back when I went to the track.. note that i didnt know how to launch my CVT and I had a lot of gas in my ride so that made me heavy as hell..

I went to the track this past sunday and ran a 17.1 with still my cat back but this time i had the RRM pulley and intake.. and a half tank of gas. I also knew how to launch my car better..

when i install the header im hoping to break 16's

6. CorzyPhoto

CorzyPhoto Member

I hope this isn't the case for the 09 GTS 2.4l MT... I can run high 15s with my Mazda3 2.0l (ran a couple 16.0's)

When I get the 09 GTS, I will go to the track with it and tell you all what I can run.

Also, I'm assuming the Dunlop tires aren't the greatest for the track as they are all season (I think).

7. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

hit me up so i can go and run with you...

Yesturday i went to the races and i ran 4 times with LancerGTS (pedro)

He won the 1st one by 1 link, and the other 2 that were from a dig, i won by half a fender, and from 20mph roll i won by half a link...

My car is bone stock, i weigh 345lbs and my girlfriend was with me in the car and i had 1/4 tank.

he has the RRM SRI and Pulley and the equivalent of the WORKS AB Exhaust (no muffler :D)

the fastest ive gotten my car to run the 1/4 is a 17.1 at 89mph...

8. bras_33

/\ CVT FTW

9. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Bras, don't be hatin' on the CVT now!

10. bras_33

/\ I never hate FLOW!!!! Its about the Spirit of Competition

11. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

I've always wondered how you can launch a CVT? I know the info is around here somewhere..

12. CorzyPhoto

CorzyPhoto Member

It's okay, I'll pwn all you trash talkers with my 09 GTS MTX... LOL jk

13. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

I'll tell you why I lost, because I have no muffler I lose back pressure, I have the rrm intake which just eats hot air. The first time I will always win because its not hot yet. With my exhaust back on and a better intake I'll run again and do alot better, but yes our lancers are slow cvt especially, mt is alot better

14. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

true... when you had your muffler and we met ad sonic you PWN'd all of us, so its cool :D

15. LancerGTS

lol yeah but its all good i like the competition of u keeping me on my toes :p

16. rhyzin

rhyzin Member

i'm disappointed that you guys aren't in the 15's. i've hit 16.2 in my '02 with a kinda stock airbox and some other mods. the '03 RA's were hitting 15's with 145hp, too.

17. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

wat track u go to? cuz i can't wait till i get my 09' GTS some time in august when i go back to UCF and test it out =) (after i break it in of course)

18. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

Agreed. Even the soccer moms can smoke us. At least the Ralliart will be out soon.

19. LancerGTS

we usually go to bithlow im definatly going next friday to see what my car does along with frank from boss if he finally comes out and see waht his X can do.

20. FlyingFrenchman

FlyingFrenchman Active Member

OK, I'm a bit late to the show, but here's my experience on the track.
    I've got a 2008 GTS CVT FED-spec.
    Last fall, I went to the track with the car completely stock, and I did 16.65 with a trap speed of 85.991 mph.
    Considering you can't really rev up a CVT prior to launch without hurting the transmission, I didn't rev it up. I just floored it upon green light (well, the last yellow). I have yet to return to the track this year with my modifications (RRM pulley, Injen CAI, RRM header and RRM exhaust).
    As a side note, a friend with a highly tuned 400 lb-ft Evo X ran 13 flat.