08 RRM Turbo Lancer. With Vidz and Dyno Vidz. *updated*

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Evolve, Apr 16, 2009.

1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Re: Another RRM Boosted Lancer GTS

The Civic was this primered, springs cut, half exhaust, mid/late 90s wagon thing. I laughed soooo hard when he tried to run me.

The only ones that I provoked to have some fun was the GTI (which i know the guy) and the 350Z. All others wanted me to run them. Thinking I was a stock NA Lancer. Silly kids, NA is for boys and bottles for babies. :lol:

As far as location of gauges, its a secret that I can't reveal yet. RRM and I have been working on several projects together. Rob or Brian may show you what I made if you swing by the shop. Or just PM me and I'll show you some pics.

2. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

No answer to my question?

3. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

I coulda swore i saw it til you said "gauges" and not "gauge"

cuz he has this carbon fiber stuff all lying around his office and i've seen most of them are Single-Pod's.

If you're doing anything with Road Race i'll know soon enough. Good luck with the projects bud

4. SeRious08

Performance wise, RRM lightweight pully, RRM springs, RRM strut bar, and Tsudo N1 axelback exhaust.

Prior to the turbo I had the header, piggy, and pully, suspension stuff, and exhaust.

5. SeRious08

I will have 3 gauges. And yes its carbon fiber. I guess you could say I helped with RRM on all the gauge pods.

6. LancerRA09

I'm surprised you havent gone with an intake yet. Any plans on full exhaust?

7. SeRious08

I don't need an intake now. One coomes with the turbo and a front mount intercooler.

I had a Mazda 3 intake on for about a month. I took it off for the turbo.

Full exhaust will be done. I will more than likeley go with the Greddy SE Elite and 2.75 - 3" piping all the way to the turbo downpipe. No cats, no filters.

8. LancerRA09

I've got 3" all the way back but I'm thinking tsudo N1

9. SeRious08

3" is a little overboard and can actually hurt performance unless you are forced induction. the Tsudo N1 is a great exhaust. Deep notes and not ricey at all.

For NA applications I would stay around 2.5" on a 2.0L and 2.75" on a 2.4L. Any higher and you will probably lose some backpressure.

10. LancerRA09

Remember I am Turbo, RA, had a big fight awhile back lol

11. SeRious08

Yeah I remember, but most members don't know you have an RA. They see your screen name and think you have an 09ES.

So for reference to other members that aren't turbo, I thought I would throw in the suggestion. :D

Evolve: Sorry to thread jack bro.

12. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

each post is a free bump. no worries at all brother.

13. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

before i jump tp conclusions are you saying that you were tied with a 350z? the v6 twin turbo? i can believe the other races but a 350z? come on bro evo's are about the same as those... :roll:...but please correct me if im wrong.

14. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

before i jump tp conclusions are you saying that you were tied with a 350z? the v6 twin turbo? i can believe the other races but a 350z? come on bro evo's are about the same as those... :roll:...but please correct me if im wrong.

15. SeRious08

I think you are referring to the new 370Zs. I ran a 2005 350Z with the 287 bhp and 274 tq. Calculate the average 20% drivetrain lose in and your are looking at 229 whp and 219 wtq. It hit max hp at 6200 rpms and max tq at 4800 rpms and quickly falls on its face. Then factor in that its over 200 pounds heavier than I am.

I am not sure what I am putting down to the ground, but I do know that RRM with the exact same tune/setup put down around 230 to the wheels in hp and tq. I would have to believe that I am at least 215.

So yes, I did tie a 350Z and you are wrong. :D

16. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

ok bro well then why are you worried about an RA? try an evo... and if you can lets get vids of these runs. thatd be sick and id put it on my page lol

17. SeRious08

Whos worried about an RA??? I'll run one all day long!!! I'm getting ready to buy the gopro camera. Its a waterproof, vibration proof camera (photo and video) camera that you can mount anywhere. I was going to mount it in the car to always have it aailable for "fun" runs.

18. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

oh ok cool. well like i said lets get those videos of you beatin these people. itd be cool to see.

19. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Took my car to Angeles Crest this weekend. Went with some buddy's of mine and i put my car to the test. No over-heating, no turbo issues, no leaks, the brakes stood up strong, and i got about 400 miles to the tank.

Vidz to come soon of my shenanigans. Kinda small little vidz but it's better than nothing.

20. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member