0-60??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Mitsubishilancergts, Dec 8, 2008.

1. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

ive raced a few times but i lost to a an 04 civic type-R (aka type rice)

2. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

haha nice!.. ya those will get u too... a lot of guys drive those damn honduh sleepers!.. look ugly but some guys put some quality work in those babies

3. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

if u want to beat a v6.race a mustang v6 stock rolling from 20 or 30 and you will win if u have cai and pulley

4. mikeike8

really? my buddies got an older mustang and hes always sayin how he can beat me... and i have more than just a pulley and cai so i should be good.. lol ima show him up lol.. i actually beat a maxima 3.5SE or whatever one day... but he kid looked young and i dunno if he knew what he was doin ol

5. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

yea man it was an 07 or 06 mustang take it down lol

6. mikeike8

lol actually i think its close to like a 96 or 98 lol or maybe even older... ill still give it a shot.. if anything ill tell him its not fair cuz our cars werent buit for speed lol :p

7. So do you guys think you coulh reach 60 on 8.5 seconds?? With pulley and cold air intake?

8. 09gtsguy

09gtsguy Active Member

from what ive read, i heard thats the stock 08 m/t time.
    i think the cvt is like 9.2 or sumthin like that
    then for 09gts stick i heard form 7.2 to 7.7,and for cvt 7.8 to 8.5
    these freakin review guys need to make up thier mind!!!!! ahh
    i say, if you want a real time, grab a buddy and a stopwatch.

9. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

But if the buddy is in the car it will slow you down, becuase of the extra weight :!:

10. 09gtsguy

09gtsguy Active Member

hasha tru, i was gunna say that but left it out because i didnt think that it woud make much difference.
    soo.. i guess try and find a small buddy?
    haha :)

11. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

or you and ur buddy be on the phone and yell as soon as you hit 60 lol

12. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Lol, I think I will try with the camera.

13. mikeike8

lol not really practical cuz maybe the connection might be slow and there might be a delay time with u saying it and him hearing it.. just a thought but still good idea... lol

14. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Ok to shine a little bit on the 09 GTS 5 Spds. These are the following cars ive encountered and won.....The 0-60 idk yet lol never actually timed it.....

First Car ever Raced
    2008 5Cylinder VW Rabbit(Manual)
    Second Car
    1990 4Cylinder Nissan 240sx(Manual) (Mods From what i can hear and tell) [Exhaust and Intake For sure]
    Third Car (Friends Car)
    1994 3.8L V6 Mustang (Auto) (Mods: Intake and Dual Exhaust)
    Fourth Car (Friends Car)
    1998 3.8L V6 3800 Series Pontiac Grand Prix (Auto) (Mods: Intake)
    Fith Car (Friends Car)(Also LT Member)(Bous07)
    2008 4Cylinder Mitsubishi Lancer GTS(Auto) (Mods: Intake and Exhaust, more maybe?)
    Sixth Car
    2005 Honda Civic 4Cylinder (Manual)(No Mods)

(LOST)
    Seventh Car (Friends Car)
    200X(DONT REMEMBER WHAT YEAR) Mazda RX-8 6 Spd 2 rotors at 654cc (Basically a V6)(NO MODS)
    This car now i actually did lose but i dont care i mean cmon its a RX8 lol Japans Street Muscle! But to be honest i thought at first i had a chance cause i pulled on him by a half a car length but once his engine hits the 6k-9k Redline mark his car just flys! by the time i was in 3rd he was still in 2nd pushin up to 9k!

I wish we had 9k! lol!

Ive beaten all these cars with such ease! in my 09 At least not sure the same for the 08's

15. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

You should try your car against a another standard, maybe mine with my 16" back on. Should be fun even thought I should lose.
    Was it modded? Ive driven one of these and it sucked, or maybe they offered different engines for it?

edit* or maybe it was becuase I was young and didnt really know how to drive the thing

16. mikeike8

nice memory! but its true.. u can get a lot more our of the 09's than the 08's.. im still so mad that they changed the engine size after only one year!.. like wtf? but nice track record i must say.. the grand prix is impressive.. pontiac knows how to make some fast cars...

17. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

O by the way are you talking about the 3 wheeler, or a nissan 200sx, the 3 wheeler I drove was old as hell and I think it was a 200 could be wrong, I did drive a 200sx as well though, I test drove a 97 about 2 years ago, it was a 1.6 I think and I had two other pretty hefty guys in the car, I didnt really like it too much.

18. 4B12LancerGTS

Ok to update on my post on the cars ive taken.....GUESS WHAT! lol my friend who drives the 2004 (HE TOLD ME THE YR) 6 spd Mazda RX-8 i beat him! He was in second and rolling around 20? and i was in third rolling in 20(?) and i took his ass! i was so impressed that my car 09 gts STOCK kicked his ass! WOOT!

His Reactions and words were this

"I have a new respect for the Lancers"

:D that made me very happy that something like a mazda rx8 can be taken by a 09 lancer!

My Front Wheel Drive < His Rear Wheel Drive!

200 is alot older than a 240sx.....but these cars are really not meant to be raced in but more and more use them to drift! so they are totally not useless i guess :p

19. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

The 200sx that I drove was made from 95-98.
    Congrats on the Mazda man, me and a buddy test drove one of those too, but we didnt seem to catch good traction lol. Guess the tires were really bad. Tell you what though, sure did feel like yanking the e-brake just to see if I could drift :mrgreen:, but didnt since I was not on a private rd, and plus not even my car lol. Car does look sexy though.

20. 4B12LancerGTS

Lol ebrake :p yea use to like the whole "drift scene" till i got an accident in my buddies 95 civic (now 04 rx8)