Your definition of 'rice'

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Arcanas, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Arcanas

Arcanas Well-Known Member

So I was looking through youtube, on what guys have done to 7M supras, considering my girl has finally given me permission to work on hers. And I come across this beautiful build, but what really gets me are the comments.

There's guys spewing crap about how having a turbo is rice, the fact that all Evos, STi's or pretty much anything with a spoiler is rice.

My question to you fine gents and ladies is this : What do you think of when you think of the term 'Rice?'

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HAHQ4jJyCt0&feature=related That's the link to the video. Some of those comments are frickin hilarious though.

2. DirectorSe7en

DirectorSe7en Well-Known Member

Here's my definition of rice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lancer08guy

lancer08guy Well-Known Member

ricers

youtube is amazing for funny videos..this is an amazing car..and this guy knows what he's talking about..hopefully i can get to his knowledge one day..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xdzN95syKOQ

ITS ALL ABOUT THOSE RICERS!!!!!!!!!

4. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

well i will agree with director on his choice. I think its funny that his dual exhaust are not the same or at least they dont look the same to me. The strip package must give at least 10 WHP. But i do like the CF hood. I also wonder what other RRM products are in under that hood. I would think all for sure. But it really dont look that ricey. Just unique. It need a custom paint job for sure.

5. westcoast

westcoast Well-Known Member

the messed up dual exhuast and sticker on the front window are "ricey" but i think other than that it looks okay. I think something is ricey when it looks or sound "jimmy riged".

6. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

Im ricey ftw!

7. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

sorry but i think "ricer" has completely lost it's meaning... it used to mean someone who thinks... looks>performance... but now it's just a common used insult in the "racing world"... ricer no longer means anything really -_-... i've seen some 800+ HP supras being called ricey... why? i have no idea... it was a sleeper car, completely stock look on the outside... yet it was called ricey?

8. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

I agree i want a sleeper myself. I would like to get the maximum performance and still just look like a Lancer DE or GTS. Ricer is something i never got. Rice to some cavier to an other.

9. JGSkains

JGSkains Well-Known Member

When I was growing up, a ricer was anything of Asian origin. Bikers used it as an insult to anybody riding a Japanese bike. By that definition I would not consider it an insult since most of those guys making that comment were doing it when a "ricer" went by them while they're POS Harley's were broke on the side of the road. At that point it was more of a compliment. So I guess I don't know this new definition very well. Japanese reliablity + performance = a kick ass ride.

10. Budrow

Budrow Well-Known Member

One muffler is a dummy it is just hung there no exhaust run to it the other show that it has been ran, atleast thats what it looks like

11. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

the term ricer to me means that a car that has more than 3 too many colors on a car,some are ok but it justs depends on the design.if its just a bunch of squiggly lines,and all kinds of colors,i think that is ricey.a car thats 90% rusted out with a body kit and some nice rims that cost more than the car it self,is wrong.someone saying they have VTEC in there COROLLA.ive seen 13" knockoffs on a grandprix,talk about ugly 8O

12. Krylon

Krylon Active Member

www.jerseyrice.com

a few friends put this together some years back. thought you'd all get a few laughs out of it :)

13. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

graffix, big wings, altezzas, and plastic superchargers...but most of all people who think they can beat everyone in a slow car...my car is slow and i admit that.

14. gator4life108

gator4life108 Well-Known Member

the thing that makes me think ricer the most is when they deck out the rest of the car but can't afford to get rims so they ride around with the donuts(spare tires) on all four wheels.....craks me up everytime

15. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

I met one guy that said any mitsubishi is a ricer. So yeah they are idiots.

16. lancered

we should all make a visor sticker saying "Don't be Jealous"

17. lancered

that is some funny ricey shit there

18. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

ricer: adding hood scoops just for looks

19. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Yeah the kind that I've seen at Pepboys. Also don't forget those worn out altezza lights, usually with one light out.

20. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

a cavalier with lambo doors,