Why did you choose the type of transmission for your vehicle?

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Jogenmaru, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Simple question. Why did you? Was it the only option available? Tired of automatics, cant drive a manual, cvt for convience of being able to go semi manual if you want and back to automatic for regular cruising?

Reason why I chose manual(standard) over auto or cvt:
    1: CVT not available in lancers before 08.
    2: Dont like the slow reaction time of shifts for cvt
    3: I grow tired of automatics and not having all the power I can
    4: Automatics take away from power and cost more, would rather pay less for the ability to do what I want
    5: Really wanted to learn to drive a standard just incase i need to drive my gf somewhere in her car for some odd reason
    6: Lets face it being forced to shift in an auto vs you finding where your cars power is at in the rpm band is really bad. I'd rather take a month to learn standard and screw up in public vs not ever knowing how to or having the option. Let's face it, if you end up being a victim of some retarded killers kidnapping and when you escape to his car and find out that its a manual and you cant drive it your screwed.

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Simple...I hate driving anything auto. The only auto that I actually enjoy driving is my mom's Wrangler. Its RHD and pretty decent in the woods.

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I wish I had a manual, pretty sure my next car will be.

4. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

I chose a manual! Cheaper then automatic so I was able to use that money to get more options on the car.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. mitsuG

mitsuG Well-Known Member

im with beav. my car was so much cheaper compared to the autos and it was in way better condition than the the autos. but the only thing that almost made me not get it was i didnt know how to drive stick at the time

6. EVO

EVO Active Member

Jogen bro,

Fully aggree and same thoughts too :)
    over here mostly are autos and hardly manual until now,so had manual on previous ride almost 7 yrs ago and enjoying moutain/hill drives and heal&toe most on the time. so it was damn fun and i am in control of the car and not some stupid EC system.
    i even have better braking power by droppin gears etc. and ever siince i left the manual for an auto, my hands are still on the gear knob all the time but not doin anythin but hoping one day to whack some manual sticks..

7. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

I got CVT :/..I wanted to get a Standard but at the time I was buying they didn't have any on the lot and I was driving a lot for work...so I was always in traffic..I also was cough up in all the Hype about the CVT...Looking back I wish I would have gotten the Standard...but I still love my care none the less. :D

8. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i got a standard because automatics are no fun to drive,
    and because it makes me feel cool ;] haha

9. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Not only would i had to wait to 4 months since my dealership didnt have any MT but at the time i was and still am recovering from a ankle injury. I cant drive a MT for more than 15 min or so before the pain in my ankle is just too much. I would love the next whip to be MT but if not i might have to settle for floppys which is still a disappointment.