who would be interested in a hyper ground kit?

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by lancer2quick, May 7, 2009.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I'm posting this to see who would be interesten in a hyperground kit. I didn't see the need to spend 120 bucks on a set...so I did some research, and made my own. I know that a lot of us here are trying to tune on a budget...so I thought why not makr them...and sell them for parts + shipping? I work 3rd shift...doing absolutely nothing...so it helps pass the time (and I'm gettin paid to make them already lol). Right now, I can make kits for 7gen lancers and 00-05 eclipse. I don't have anyone local with an 8gen to get the proper lengths and mounting points...but hopefully soon. I make them with the same grade wire and terminals as SUN Auto...but for way less. The kits on ebay are a universal kit that someone says will fit..but I just don't trust that. If any of you would be interested, let me know and I will start making them ASAP. Oh yeah, it cost me a total of 28.73 to make my kit...so they will be about 30-35 bucks. And I will have detaild instructions to go with them, so they're pretty much idiot proof. Look them up, see exactly what they do, and let me know.

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

What exactly is it that you're thinking about making? I'm down with just about anything that I can do to mod my car, just curious what the product is. I have an 03 Lancer, that's the 7gen correct?

3. lancer2quick

Yeah, you have a 7gen. I would post a link, but I'm at work and I'm using my blackberry. Just google Sun Auto hyperground kit. There's plenty of pages to see

4. 1slowlance

So, it boosts a lot of things up, more torque, hp, better audio.... And you just connect it to negative on your battery? Did I read that correctly?

5. lancer2quick

That's pretty much it. Probably the easiest way to describe how it works is to just say that it offers better grounding for components than the stock ground wires.

6. 1slowlance

Well, yea, like I said, I'm pretty much down with anything to mod my car lol.

7. lancer2quick

Cool. Well, tomorrow morning, I will officially post in the for sale thread with a pic and all that jazz. I am only limited to red, black, and maybe blue kits. I have a red kit made for the lancer, if you don't have a preference.

8. blackOZ

blackOZ Well-Known Member

id be interested
    if not green, then black is fine
    let me know cause i want one

9. 1slowlance

i could go for a blue one.

10. zafoam

zafoam Active Member

ill get one and buy some pedals at the same time. I will test your idiot proof theory.

11. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I would dig one. Never really believed in them, but for $30 I'll give it a shot. Let me know when you have one for an 08 done.

12. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

So you make them for the 3G Eclipse? Should work for my 8G Galant since they share the same motor. Do you have any pictures of one's you have made?

13. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

lancer2quick and i are going to get together to get a kit out for 8gen lancers.

14. lancer2quick

This is just a pic of the kit i made for a honda...it gives you an idea...
    [​IMG]
    I started out by replacing the oem wire from the chassis to the motor mount, and a wire fron the engine block to the same point...
    [​IMG]
    from there, I ran one to the Intake manifld...
    [​IMG]
    from the manifold, i ran it to this point, where it joins a wire from the trans...
    [​IMG]
    then, from that ground intersection, run to the neg battery terminal. and an extra from the terminal to the chassis...
    [​IMG]

This was the first kit that i made...the connectors I use now are gold plated ring terminals, and the wire is 99.9% pure copper. Each terminal has a silicone jacket to hide the crimps...so, they look a lot better than my kit.

15. lancer2quick

O.k. We're gettin together tomorrow to get an 8 gen kit made. We'll get it on, see how it does, and I'll see if there are any changes that need to be made...then I'll start making them.

16. jarol220

jarol220 Well-Known Member

definitly something Ill have to keep in mind and since you live in lewistown I can just pick up!

17. geaux 4 breauxk

geaux 4 breauxk Well-Known Member

8 extra wires that dont do anything for low hp, low tq, low static motors?? I think Ill pass. Sorry guys, but has anyone dyno'd a set of these? Ill give you 2 guesses. And, if your really really into this anyway, make your own for $20 to $30 and save yourself some money that you can use for something a little more helpful for performance.

Like octane booster! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

18. lancer2quick

To each his own. You have the right to your opinion. But I have done my research and I make mine based off of the Sun Auto design.(Which make the kits you can have as an option from Mitsu) If you would look, there have been dyno test and other electrical system test that show they work. Personally, I am skeptical of the HP and TQ they claim, but I have used them and have noticed a few improvements. 1- slight increase in throttle response, 2-smoother idle, 3-better fuel mileage (20-30 more miles per tank). Again, as stated above, I am not making a profit on these. Whatever it cost to make the kit and shipping is all I am charging. All I am doing is putting it together and giving you the locations to attach. In the original post, I told people to look them up..read about them..then if you decide to buy one, get one from me for 1/4 of the cost of the name brand kit. Easy as that. So please, think before you start to post negative things when all I'm doing is trying to help people mod on a budget.

19. geaux 4 breauxk

geaux 4 breauxk Well-Known Member

Ok, I am hardly in a position to argue with your hipocracy as quoted and bolded in the quotes above, but this is purely cosmetic and should be sold as such! Been in the thick of motor building and racing for a min, and I can tell you that we never put a bunch of extra wires on the motors for performance. Even on daily drivers. Items like this are sold on the placebo effect. And that shiz works on car folks too. If I tell you this is what it does, and you really believe it, than its going to work for you. Unless you have a digital readout for your RPMs, then you have no idea how the car is truly ideling. There is a veriance of up to 200 rpms on a static needle gauge.

A 20 to 30 mile per tank variance can be accounted for with driving style alone. Get out of the gas a little and the car gets better mileage. This crap is all a moot point really. Because most new cars are plastic intakes, plastic throttle body housings, plastic intake manifolds, ect..... What are you removing static discharge from?

But like you said, this is all my opinion, but at least mine didnt change.

20. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

well lancer2quick and i have my car wired up, he will post picks of it later. it help a little with throttle response, a little with the fuel ecom. and i keep getting a CEL because of the header, but i didn't get one on the way home. i don't know if the hyper ground helped or what. all i can tell you is that i don't have one now. when it was kicking on every 70 -100 miles. i have now gone 100+ miles with no CEL.