Which exhaust

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by BlueDevilLancer, Jun 11, 2009.

1. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

You should go with none of those. Get a cat-back instead of an axle-back.

3. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

How about Injen?

4. s3th136

s3th136 Member

Correct me if i am worng Axle Back is a Cat Back on our cars. I have the INJEN axle/cat and i love it . Listen to the sound clips(which dont do much justice) of all the exhaust. they are all pretty much the same just different tones

5. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

an axle back is just the muffler. cat back is the catalytic converter to the axle back.
    Ive got an Injen axle back on the way tho they're on back order right now. So is Greddy btw! I thought about getting a cat back, but its around $500 more than the axle back, and figured its not worth it just for a couple more hp gains.

6. Ranger026

Ranger026 Active Member

Magnaflow also has a cat-back you could consider

7. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

thanks for the input guys. the Injen is like $950 and the Magnaflow is $520 (both are catbacks) but the Injen one does come with the cat as well. But considering what dudejman05 said is it really worth it for maybe 1 or 2 more hp gains?

8. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

scott i would go with greddy

9. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Can you feel the force Luke?, It all depends what you like, what your wallet like and what everyone likes. By experience I heard the sound from Flow exhaust and is good, ask him because I think is Greddy. :drunken: :drunken:

10. Gflo412

Gflo412 Well-Known Member

i have the Greddy SE axle-back and I love it, it sounds mean but not obnoxious....the perfect balance in my opinion.

11. 08LancerAnt

08LancerAnt Well-Known Member

+1 for the Greddy SE

12. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Man I wish I could afford an exhaust... There are only three 9 gen Lancers in my town (two GTS and my ES >.<) and it'd be so nice to be able to completely differentiate myself from them. Especially because they look like soccer moms...