Well, this is a hard one....

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by lancer2quick, Apr 23, 2011.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well... Long story short, a long time friend and a very long time friend of my wife's family has always wanted my R/A. Every time that I would see him he would ask me "6k?", trying to get me to sell. Today, he made me quite an offer. He is moving out of state, and wanted something smaller to drive than his '04 Avalanche. He asked me if I was interested in trading my R/A for his Avalanche....straight up. It is the top o' the line truck.....Z71 package, 4WD, Leather, Bose stereo, navi, sunroof...everything. NADA and KBB are giving it a private party value of b/t 19-21k and a trade in value of b/t 16.5 and 18k...I don't have to tell you guys what our cars are worth.

I bought the R/A brand new in Feb. of 2004 with 7 miles on her for what his truck is worth NOW. those of you that know me know I have 2 boys. The R/A is ok for now....but what about later on? It IS more practical than the little hot-rod in my driveway right now....even though it is a "family sedan". I know I won't be getting a new car anytime soon because I don't want another payment.

As for mileage, my R/A gets between 17-20 city and 23-24 hwy. The truck gets 16-17 city and 19-21 hwy....so the mileage really isn't that big of a factor (except when it comes to filling up....13 gallons VS 22 gallons)

So, what do you guys think? I'm not giving up on getting another lancer or an evo one day...I still love Mitsu's, and an evo 8 has been my dream car for quite some time. And I won't just up and leave the forum....this place keeps me sane. I figured that I would be like out fearless leader, and swap sides for a little bit. What should I do?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Do it! I would. Is it an even swap or you pay a bit. Either way its a good deal. Plus imagine the shit you could carry in that trunk. You better still plan on coming to ecmm though.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

3. 03ozlancer

03ozlancer Well-Known Member

i say take the deal and find a trade on the evo 8 you want

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Or what he said. Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

5. mitsuG

mitsuG Well-Known Member

lol thats smart but his friend could do the same so, sshhh dont say stuff like that ha or he will be stuck with the r/a

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I'd take the trade. Especially since it's more practical. Gas could be a killer though.

7. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i would trade it and sell and buy what i want with the money haha

8. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Your fearless leader approves!

I know how you feel man.. when I traded the lancer in i needed cheaper payments for a little and i'd rather dump the cash into the forums and make the community better vs the car right now.

I think it was a smart move financially also. That value of the Avalanche is a good deal and when/if you trade it in you have more value.

9. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support guys....As soon as he gets back in the state to finish his move in 3-4 weeks, I'm going to swap titles. I'll make a progress thread like TheDude did with his G35...lol

I guess I'm going to have to get all the curvy roads and fast corners out of my system by then.....

10. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

We'll definitely miss the R/A.