Tuning/Customizing/Modding

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by bras_33, Jan 8, 2008.

Which do you prefer?

1. Form (show)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Function (go)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I am very curious as to see what type of "Modding" does everyone here prefer.

2. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

This isnt going to be very accurate. You are gonna get tons of people putting form and function when all they really care about is form.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

hey slick nutz. why r u so bitter of us that like form.

4. bras_33

OWNED!!! lol :D

5. Guest

Guest Guest

naw its "PWNED" :lol:

6. Subawho

Im not bitter of form people, I just dont like when people pretend to be something they arent. How often do you see people on here actually being realistic with things? We make fun of it all the time. Thats what my thing is about.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

oic.

8. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I think its a fine mix of going fast with style.. so if i could i would say both!

9. Subawho

Personally I think you would get more honest answers if you had something like:

Why do you mod your car?

1. To enter shows
    2. To compete in sanctioned auto events
    3. To burn that stupid [insert car you hate] driving ahead of me
    4. To catch the eyes of other car enthusiasts
    5. To make the car look, feel and perform more how I hoped it would
    6. Because I can
    7. Because my friends do it with their cars
    8. Because I saw Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift <-- Thats why I do it :D

10. bras_33

LMFAO 8. "So you must be like the Justin Timberlake of Japan"

11. Guest

Guest Guest

so i look better than Subawho.----lol!

12. Subawho

Haha you accomplished that a looong time ago. Remember that Tuesday night parking lot show we went to? It was like my car was invisible parked next to yours :lol:

But...but...at least I can go through a parking lot that has speed bumps in less than 30 minutes! So there! :p

13. Guest

Guest Guest

^yeah u got me there.

o.t.: Hey Subawho lets get our STI's in the fall of 08. This way we can see what flaws r in the new body style and so on. Also I found a shop that I wanna get thats near the house. This will give me time to secure myself into it.
    Also maybe they will give a bit of a better deal if we go in at the same time.

14. Subawho

You are going to open a new shop? DOOD KAN U SPONSOR ME?

No but actually if you do that you know itll become the new hang out right?

As for the STIs I think if we want to see the flaws and wait them out, wouldnt we need to wait for the 2010 model for them to get those problems out?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

im just finding an excuse to wait on buying it really. cuz i need to do the right thing first and that is expand and make $$$$$ 4 da fam.

16. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Function all day long. you can't even tell i have suspension and engine mods in this thing. except for the shiny injen exhaust tip 8)

17. Subawho

Thats cool. Well if you needed help in any possible way let me know, Id do what I could :D

My goal in life is to open my own track. I have money invested that I can use towards it, but I need to be a bit more into my career before I would be able to handle such a large undertaking. The great thing about it though is that I know plenty of surveyors and engineers who would save me tons of money in design and building :lol:

18. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

i love how the west coast peopl take every topic way off topic lol.

19. Subawho

But the thing is, we start them as well so the poster doesnt get mad about it. :D

This is more reason we just need our own forum for all So Cal people. :p

20. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

im gonna say umbers 2 3 5 i love the stock look i will upgrade the body kit some time but i would rather go fast not jsut look it yea know. And as for the track man that sounds like a great idea. I wish i lived in Cali. Id come hang with yall alot lol