Tickets

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by delphium_, Mar 7, 2008.

1. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever gotten a ticket for making an illegal u-turn at light?
    it was a light to turn left and their was this huge white chevy infront of me and i just went into the turn and made a u-turn and the cop was waiting and saw me and pulled me over and gave me a ticket.

anyone have any idea how much it might be?

and what does it do to your insurance?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

WOW, you broke your cherry!!!! unless its posted, you can legally make a u-turn in any intersection.

3. delphium_

it was posted i just didn't see it cause that big ass truck infront of me.
    =/

4. bras_33

...assed out, homeboy!!!!!!!!

5. delphium_

how much should the ticket be?

6. bras_33

not really sure, they will mail it to you.

7. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

ah shitty...i actually got a ticket for no seatbelt about 4 blocks from my house...

8. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Not neccessrily, check your local laws because in some states like Colorado, it is illegal to make a U-turn in any intersection regardless of its posted or not. Furthermore, I know that in Colorado if it is posted, the fine is doubled if you are caught. Not that it keeps people from being stupid anyway because we all know how there are some people out there that you just look at and go ...WHAT???

Bill

9. WildBill

Check the back of the ticket, sometimes it has a general guideline. If it doesn't and you are not sure the fine amount, contact the court in which your ticket is being processed through, give them the citation number, and let them answer any questions you have.

Bill

10. bras_33

This is for the state of California and delph lives in that state, but you are right some states are different.

11. WildBill

This is for the state of California and delph lives in that state, but you are right some states are different.[/quote:23v6t7jq]

Yeah, I wasn't sure how each state did it, I just wanted to point it out so someone in another state that reads the forums doesn't get the wrong idea and then gets bent outta shape cause they get caught because of ignorance.

Point taken about this particular case being in Cali, though.

Bill

12. bras_33

Sometimes I forget this forum is worldwide.