Thoughts on lights

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by MattyMAYHEM, Mar 12, 2008.

1. MattyMAYHEM

MattyMAYHEM Active Member

I'm about to purchase a set of lights from automoglow and I was just wondering how blue I should go ? I just want something that will look sick at night. I was thinking about 6000k but I'd like them with a little more blue tint. Maybe 8000k but I just don't want to look ridic with them lol.

Or should I go 6000k Low / High Beams and 8000k 194's ? Please help!

2. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

well i hear u can buy tint paper to go in the lights to darken/brighten color lights. so say u got the lighter power u could hype it up a bit with the paper,

3. ChokingChicken

ChokingChicken Well-Known Member

Well i did a ton of research before i bought mine. Looked at every pic i could see and i decided that 8000 were the best. mostly white with a little bit of blue. So i bought em. Put em in last night.
    Real clean lookin but still sick as hell.

i found the 10000 were tacky lookin and too much blue. I know one of the members has 10000's and has a bunch of pics. search Ektor

Only my opinion tho. make your own choice

I'll post some pics right away to help you out

4. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

yeah i just ordered the 8000k also installing them should be fun lol

5. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

i had 6000k before,but weren bright enough so i got 8k and they look decent,i could see whats in front of me,

6. Geaux

Geaux Well-Known Member

^ uh, temperature has no effect on the 'brightness'. So when you say 8k is brighter and can see better than 6k, thats all in your head.

http://www.advantagewholesaler.com/pihidcokit30.html

7. ChokingChicken

Ya i had one hell of a time installing them, the instructions were absolutely brutally translated from chinese. The instructions didn't do anything to say the least.

alot of trial and error. So far so good

8. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

6k is pretty much white 8k is bluish white and 10k is a more bold blue
    i'm personally going with the 8k once i get the money and everything else outta the way

I don't think the blue tint will show when you turn your stock lights on, its just a cover thats really only visible in the sunlight or under a light. i might be wrong who knows.

9. lancered

how is it all in my head man,no offense dude but them bulbs i had i could only see about 10 feet i front of me,when i put the 8k in i could and can see twice as far,i know from the experience.sure they burn a white color and so do these i have,and they burn brighter.go google some more :roll:

10. lancered

/\ oh to add on to your copy and paste work,my factory headlamp bulbs burned brighter than the 6k bulbs i did have.

11. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

There was prolly something bad with that 6000K kist... the higher the kelvin te less lumens = less visibility... now remember, most of us have been used to the stock lights in cars, and have been driving for YEARS with this lights, and thn go to HIDs and go WOW... the 6000K may appear to be dimmer cause they are closer to stock color temperature... then when you got to 8000k or 10,000k, the blue tint on the lights makes the things look different and pop out more, thats why you think its brighter, but its not...

i have 10,000k in my lancer, i have 8000K in my 2002 explorer 4 years ago and had 14,000k in my eclipse 1 year ago... of all i can say that the best visibility was with the explorere (maybe cause it was an SUV and sat higher?) or just the temperature.... i can see fine either way... now i cant stand to have a car without HIDs... i always recommend peple 8000k or 10,000k... i think 10 is not TOOOO blue...

day shot...

[​IMG]

night shot in my sig

12. ChokingChicken

Sorry Ektor, i wasn't saying anything was wrong with them, They still look hot :thumbright:

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

its coo :D

heres another day shot

[​IMG]

14. ChokingChicken

Yep I was right... Hot

15. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

damn i wish i could roll with 10k

6k is all thats legal in cali but i'm rolling with 8k soon, should be dope

16. ChokingChicken

lovin my 8k, tonight was the first time i drove with them at night. wow

17. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

just remember by going down the temps in kelvin will resolve in HID's being brighter

for example: 6k is brighter then 8k

the choice is yours

18. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

Very true. The lower the kelvin rate the brighter the out put.. I got 6000k maggggnificent lol.

19. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

well like i said i just ordered mine any tips on the install from anyone ?:lol:
    because im pretty sure the instructions are gonna suck ass

20. ChokingChicken

trial and error. try it all til it works