thinking about dual exhaust

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by nanonyc, Jul 17, 2009.

1. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

I stoped by a mufler shop the other day...and asked about doing a dual exhaust on my 08 ES... but not to sure about it... am more for the looks than the power... but am afraid of loosing back pressure and that sort of things... what do you think would be good to go with??? they say any of the aftermarket will work good... which i kinda didnt believe much... they said the would charge me 300 bucks... not bad... but I dont want the pipes too big... or too noisy... any recommendation...?

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

If you're thinking more show than go, then the easiest thing to do is mak a custom axle-back. I did one on an '00 civic one time. Cut the stock exhaust right after it comes ober the right rear suspension. Then add a y-pipe. Make sure to keep the piping about the same length from y-pipe to muffler. Easiest way to do this is to rin the left side right behind the rear suspension and out the back. For the right side, run it the same way..but make a 180 bend about 8 inches to the right of center. From there, run the right side to the desired location. Ut has some serious bends, but if you make them the same length, the exhaust will flow pretty evenly to both sides. Its hard to explain, drawing it out onto a pic of the underside will help a lot..that's what helped me.

3. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

that is what they told me... am not too concern about gain power.... but .. i defenetely do not want to loose any... they said adding 2 aftermarket exhaust... but they are big... I dont want noise.... they said with silencer will do the job... but .. uuummmmm not sure...

4. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

You'll be loosing power, but it won't be noticeable. No matter what, you'll be loosing power.

5. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

i see what you are using the $600.00 for hahahha.. go ahead bro splurge!!

6. lancer2quick

Another option..I saw an 03 OZ with dual mufflers. Only, he had them run Mini Cooper style...side-by-side in the center. Looked interesting.

7. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

I've seen that on a Lancer..
    Very ugly IMO.

8. lancer2quick

^^ I agree with you on that..but he had the walker kit on the car, and had it run through a cutout in the rear bumper..finished with an oval carbon heat shield thing. Like I said...interesting, not good. Lol

9. LiX

LiX Well-Known Member

Dual exhaust, less power