Tein springs...

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by BigSteve, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

2. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

nice ima have to get me some soon

3. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

I believe those were made for the older oz versions. Yes, they fit, but it wasn't made specifically for our car. So the difference in the car weights has been what is keeping some of the 08 guys from getting them.

4. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

^ Exactly the point.

5. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

bah.. i trust speedcorps too much to doubt about them... i know they wernt made for our cars, but would speedcorps just risk it like that??
    i would get them if i wouldnt be broke :D

by the way, is this in the correct section :? just asking

6. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

the springs work great on the 2008 lancer. the weight difference hasn't had any adverse effects on the cars that are running these springs. There are several people using them who love them.

7. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

i emailed tein about the springs for the 2008 lancer and there reply was Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance Suspension products.
    Unfortunately, we have yet to release products for the 2008 Mitsubishi
    Lancer. We are currently developing both spring and coilover kits to be
    released in the near future, with a similar lineup of that which was
    available for previous Lancer models. However, we have noted your inquiry
    and can contact you via email upon release of products for your application.
    Please feel free to contact us anytime regarding current or future product
    availability.

8. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

The teins available from speedcorps.com are not designed for the 08 but will fit and the spring rate is not designed for the 08. There are several people on this forum that does have them, chetman7,gts-sb and 5th has them. any questions about it you can pm them.

9. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

i have the spring from speed corp on my car. i just posted it if someone was wondering the status on the ones for our car.

10. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

the tein springs are not for the 08 and they dont work the best with the shot rate of the 08, we test fit the 02 03 springs on a car and the ride was hella bumpy, the weight distrubution os different between the different years and the rear springs on teh 02 03 are alot stiffer and will wear out the struts faster.

i talked to tein last week and they will have teins made for the 08 out soon.

11. 1saiah

1saiah Member

quick question..soo i know some people have teins and also have blown struts after a while...is there anything we can do to prevent a blown strut?..like maybe buying a better aftermarket strut bar and eventually gettin shocks when they come out?..let me know wut guys think..

12. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

the stock ones will wear faster with lowered springs, no other mod will help prevent this. The only solution is to get aftermarket shocks that are designed to be used with lowering springs.

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Continue discussion HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.