stock 09 na lancer hp limit.

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by markoverclock, Aug 26, 2009.

1. markoverclock

markoverclock New Member

does anyone here know what the stock 2.0L engine can safely handle. I just bought one and im thinking about making a turbo kit for it. But its my daily so i cant have it take a crap. So b4 i build a kit just need to know what it can handle. also what tuning software do the lancers use. i would prefer one that can do timing add and subbtract and injector duty sycle add and subtract. that would be the best but just wanting to know what opitons are out thier. was thinking of using a tdo5-20g with the mivec it shouldnt be laggy. but shouldnt spool b4 3k so fuel economy should still be like stock or better.

Any ideas

also what can the stock manual trans handle?

Its just the stock 2009 lancer with manual trans ( de model)

:D

2. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

3. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

What it can handle really in the end will depend on different factors. The higher the octane, the more power you will be able to pull out of it. I know RRM's kit is running about 7psi, I have heard of other kits running ~8psi. Personally, I think anything higher then this is going to be pushing it. Turbo wise, don't quote me on this, RRM uses a 16g, there has been a ralliart turbo used, and also a turbonetics T3 super 60 I believe. If you are building your own, I would suggest trying to find a ralliart turbo. It should work very well, and will be a bit less expensive. Qith a good tune, you should feel very minimal lag.

Tuning software is debatable. Some tuners have read the ROM of of the ecu and made their own custom flashes, some have used piggies. At the end it is up to the builder and whether they have a good tuner. A bad tune is the worst thing that you can do to a car.

4. markoverclock

markoverclock New Member

what is the reflash software?

also i build turbochargers for a living, so the turbo part is easy for me. I just wanted to know about what hp i should get safely without breaking a piston landing or rod. And i also used to be a fabricator, well still do a little. lol. so the kit part is no problem. Im debating on making one for me and one to jig for production, but i dont know if thier is enough demand for it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

5. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

If you could make a garunteed safe CVT turbo kit I'm sure that would sell. The hard part is finding a setup that will work with the CVT lol.

6. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

HP limit is determined by the tune, octane, boost, etc... How much boost the motor can take is all you should have to worry about. Tuning software, if I remember correctly, is ecuflash. Just need rom definition files which are not readily available that I know of.

The trick to a boosted CVT has nothing to do with the kit itself. It has to do with the cooling capabilities of the transmission and how that can be optimized. Once that is figured out, any "turbo kit" can be put on.

7. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

you said it, but if i was gonna turbo a car id plan ahead and buy the M/T version
    RRM has a cvt cooler