Sponsorship

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by theFranchise, May 5, 2009.

1. theFranchise

theFranchise Well-Known Member

what does it take these days to get sponsored by any major company? or even the little ones?

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Quite a bit. Basically, you have to show any company what they will get in return. Think of it in their eyes...if we give you 5k in parts, what will we get from you? If you aren't doing track days, competing in a series, or religiously attending major car shows...its hard. Some of the main things they look for is exposure, vehicle type, past achievements, and more exposure. I say start with small companies, possibly local, and work your way up from there. When I first got my R/A, I had a couple local companies as sponsors. They hooked me up with small stuff like tint, vinyl work, and the vinyl place even bought me a set of APC racing seats and Sparco harnesses. After I placed 3rd at NOPI nationals in 2004, I had a guy from Kenwood approach me about a show sponsorship. Did that for about 2 years, but made the mistake of getting lazy and skipping shows. Needless to say, no one else I contacted was interested since I stopped showing for a year. It takes work, and its well worth it. Good luck, and hit me up and I'll help you with a proposal portfolio if ya want.

3. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

http://www.carsponsorships.com/

you pay about $100 bucks and you get crazy discounts. It really pays off if you wanna get a body kit from bodykits.com ;-)
    plus free stuff if you go to car shows and promote

4. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Well, I'm sponsored by AutoCityImports.com and StreetUnit.com ...just purchase their products , review their products , become a test dummy for their products , show them interest and they will provide you with discounts and such...work with them...

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

That is one of the BIGGEST scams in the tuner market. Look them up with the Better Business Bureau. They are littered with trash.

Any TRUE sponsorship will not, I repeat WILL NOT require you to buy products or offer "discounts". I was sponsored on my last 2 vehicles, so I know. It takes a lot of work and more than just submitting a picture and application.

Any business minded company in their right mind will not sponsor a stock car from someone whos name isn't out in the scene. I got my sponsorships through hard work, determination, many show awards, and being a NOPI judge.

6. theFranchise

thanks. i entered in two philadelphia car shows for july. i still have a lot of work to do. i have been dumping money into my car, i wouldnt mind having the help of a sponsor. i just dont know where to start. i am looking at greddy. i know it's a huge company but i really need an exhaust. however i dont believe an email requesting sponsorship is sufficient.

7. SeRious08

When I get to PA, I'll help sponsor you. I'll give everything to you dealing with car audio/video plus custom installs for cost.

8. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

wow nice guy ^ hope everything works out good =] come down to hawaii and help sponsor me too haha jp

9. theFranchise

yeah sounds like a great offer. when are you coming to pa? i just took 3rd place for mitsubishi at my first car show, grounded4life in bristol pa. and i don't have an audio/video setup yet.

10. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

sounds like a sweet deal.

11. SeRious08

I'll be there on the 24th of this month. Will be living in Johnstown.

12. theFranchise

cool. what exactly is it that you do or what company do you work for? depending on which Johnstown you're talking about, i think im about 3.5 to 4 hours away. look me up on facebook (steven sztubinski) or myspace (mxprecidia) if you have either for pics of my car.

13. SeRious08

I own and operate Just For Looks Car Audio/Video/Alarm. Have been in business for about 10 years but I have been in the industry for 17. I have been sponsored before by several companies and won numerous awards in the show circuits. Was a show judge for about 4 years and travelled with NOPI judging for 1.

Put together a product "wish list" and I'll start working on the prices. Just make it a generic list. For example:

1 - Double din headunit with navigation
    4 sets - 6.5" component sets
    Ect
    Ect

Also, its the Johnstown thats 45 minutes East if Pittsburg. If the drive is a bit to much I can ship all products to you. Or you can drive down for a weekend, stay at my house, and work on the car.