Silver09GTS

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Silver09GTS, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Silver09GTS

Silver09GTS Well-Known Member

OK well yesterday I started on some simple stuff:

Some de-badging (not sure I wanna pull the diamonds off just yet)

[​IMG]

Painted a few pieces in engine bay (still need some clearcoat I think to make them stand out yet and not sure how to do the big cover yet):

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Then a guy I didn't even know came by in his F-150 and helped me with this mod ....

[​IMG]

A whole 6 days ..... -.-

2. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

insurance is covering the damages right? how long till it's fixed?

3. 08CustomLancer

08CustomLancer Well-Known Member

wow. that sucks.

4. Silver09GTS

His company should be, I talked to them already and they just need to talk to him first before they can start the next part. He admitted to "being his fault" and he got a ticket. Sadly I probably will have to go through them to get it fixed (I've dealt w/ Allstate b4 and wasn't happy ... long story), they can look at it Wed so we'll see ....

5. Ico

Ico Well-Known Member

i say you get rid of that f-150 mod. but really that sucks.

other than that the car looks clean so far.

6. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

lookin good so far man.. i had a similar mod like you did except i called mine ram 1500 lol... check it out...

[​IMG]

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

lol you guys are terrible tuners with mods like those.

8. Silver09GTS

Well it was a "RAM" lol ... sorry man, I feel your pain ... how long did it take to get it put back together and have you seen any related problems since?

9. Silver09GTS

Well I go in Wed. to find out more info.

Painted a few more parts though:

Sub screen:
    [​IMG]

Front shock tower bar:
    [​IMG]

Washer and brake fluid:
    [​IMG]

Intake cover:
    [​IMG]

Engine bay:
    [​IMG]

More when I do more lol.

10. 08CustomLancer

08CustomLancer Well-Known Member

i like that blue.

wow. I guess people took the Dodge RAM name too seriously, they dont like Lancers like Bulls don't like red.

11. mikeike8

lol ya i just realized that haha! actually they sandwiched me between the ram and a lexus lx470 or some other huge lexus so i had damage from both ends and when the insurance guy came and checked out my car he said there was no hope for it :(... but i did get all my money back since of course it was not my fault and as soon as i pickled up my check i picked up my dad for a co signer and i went and got another GTS lol i only had my old one for about 2 and a half months and hadnt put any mods into it so i figrued im not done yet... but ya.. im gonna try to stay away from that mod not really worth it and not too many horsepower gains.. i actually lost horsepower with mine haha.. def not recommended lol

12. himgotscarf

himgotscarf Well-Known Member

what is the name of that blue. That is a really cool color

13. Silver09GTS

7251 Cobalt Metallic Blue

[​IMG]

Walmart ~ $6.oo

14. mitchGTS

mitchGTS Well-Known Member

If a truck ever hit my car like that....well.... i think i would cry.
    Get it fixed after? If so did you go aftermarket or did you stay with stock?

15. mikeike8

lol i dunno bout the other guy but i did cry lol and i couldnt do anything with it.. it got totaled so i got myself another lancer haha

16. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

carbon fiber trunk

17. Silver09GTS

LOL, so funny, I was driving home today thinking " .... hmmm, what about a cf trunk, I'll have to talk to the dealership." and I come home to that :)

Does anyone think it would look silly though? I mean a CF trunk, regular wing, and regular hood? Sounds "kinda" ricey, but then again, I wouldn't be paying for it (well not much of it).

18. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

well if i did a cf trucnk i wouldnt put the wing on. but im sure it will look ok seeing how you have a silver car

19. Silver09GTS

I planned to post these a few days ago but ....

Figured I'd do 1k updates to start with

[​IMG]

The day before I took it in to get fixed :?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry, forgot to get photos of it getting repaired :? And I opted to stay with the standard trunk.

Should get it back this week though, then to start looking into what to do next.

20. dive_junkie

dive_junkie Well-Known Member

Yeah stick with the standard trunk man don't go CF. I don't think it looks good personally. CF hood yes but not that. I didn't even know you had been hit. You going to make it to the next meet. (This is the same silver09 from HALO right)lol :?: