Question about front Marker Lights!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by The Beav, Jan 24, 2009.

1. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

i have seen a few people that hace a white light in place of the orange light... is it just a change of a bulb? and what do i have to do to change it? thank you!

2. brads09lancerGTS

brads09lancerGTS Active Member

They are little led's and u can get them in blue and white etc. You can get them on ebay and most auto part stores and run like $15. You just have to twist them a little and pull it out. Super simple. They call them parking lights

3. 09gtsguy

09gtsguy Active Member

+1^the bulb size/ code is 184

4. The Beav

theirs not much access to them... my friend said it looked like i would have to take the whole headlight out... is that true?

5. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

No No No

theres a lot of mis information here..

first of all, are you talking about the blinker or the lil one in the outside corner of the headlight?

if its the tiny one in the corner, the bulb code is 194.... not whatever was mentioned before.. if its the blinker, its 7440...

its not limited to white and blue lights you can get for that.. you can get whatever color you want, keeping in mind that the only legal colors are white and amber... anything else will get you pulled over

both of them are really easy to change.. reach at the back of the headlight and you will feel it... lil twist and they are out.

People please, if you are going to give information, make sure it is accurate information. thanks for the understanding :)

6. The Beav

thanx Ektor that was really informative! i was talking about for example... looking at the driver’s side light facing the car the light i want to change would be the little tiny one on the right... the one that kinda bulges out a little!

7. Greell

Greell Active Member

You don't have to take the whole headlight out---simple bulb replacement----its tight, but i have giant hands and i can slip them in, turn the bulb lock to take the bulb out, and switch them---then pop it back in---2 minute install its very very easy ;)

8. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

That actually depends on state to state. In Texas the only color allowed is amber/orange. Either the lens or bulb must be that color. Sure most cops don't mind, but one day you may run into that cop that hates tuners or that state safety inspector that won't certify your car due to the wrong bulb.

9. The Beav

Thank you guys you all have been a real big help! :D

10. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Dont buy from ebay.. we have a vendor for this: automoglow