New RRM Carbon Fiber Goodies!!!!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by SeRious08, Jun 3, 2009.

1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Ok fellow tuners,

As promised you guys are the very first to see these. Call it a LancerTuner exclusive :D

Anyways, one of the projects that I have been helping Road Race Motorsports with is some tweeter pods. I custom designed these out of fiberglass with proper angle alignment for much, much cleaner and clear highs. Rob then had his people make a mold of them and are now ready to produce these in carbon fiber. I got the first set out of the mold and they are gorgeous. No price on them yet, as that isn't determined by me, but I'm sure Rob is willing to do a "SeRious08" group buy and drop the price some. :D

I'll get pics of them installed this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ROCK

ROCK Well-Known Member

Very cool. Lets see them installed soon. Get some good picts we can use for the product description for our site. I guess, EVO X and RA guys can use them too!

ROAD/RACE

3. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Those look pretty good. How easy would it be to swap out the tweeter pods that come stock with sun and sound?

4. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

I believe its a simple twist. Although, if you buy something like this, you might wana go custom :p

5. SeRious08

Its extremely easy to remove the stock tweeter pods. You grab the top tip section and pull out and down. Unplug the wire and trash them (or sell them). Then if you wanted better tweeters, just buy tweeters that have inline crosovers and you will be fine. Mount them to the pod using high-temp glue and then mount the new pods in the stock locations. Very easy. I'll be posting some intalled pics this weekend.

6. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Hmm I might have to look into it. I'm pretty with the system I have now though lol. I'd rather go for exterior looks than interior right now though since I'm just starting customizing. Looks really good though :)

7. ROCK

ROCK Well-Known Member

8. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Oh hot damn! That's a good looking engine.

9. SeRious08

FINALLY the radiator cover. Been waiting for that for a while. lol.

I also want the custom battery tie down :)

10. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Very nice.

11. lacrozstud

lacrozstud Member

omg i was just talking to someone about this at the meet how awesome it would be to have the rediator cover carbon fiber hell yeah looks amazing!!!

12. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

hahah yea i think you were talking to me about that... man speak of the devil!

13. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

any pics yet?

14. ROCK

ROCK Well-Known Member

15. SeRious08

I got them installed. I just have to upload the pics.

16. ChokingChicken

ChokingChicken Well-Known Member

Come on with the pics... I'm dying over here

17. ROCK

ROCK Well-Known Member

Should have them shortly. I will keep you posted.

ROAD/RACE

18. SeRious08

Ok, after a looooooooong wait I finally was able to snap a few pics of the pods installed.

The pods are angled where all areas of the cabin are in the "zone" on axis. With this angle, there is pretty much no dead zone for your highs. If you need or want to angle them more, buy tweeters that have a flush mount angle system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Hmm..suede pillars..I was thinking about that. Sorry..I got distracted. Tweeter pods look great..too bad mine are in the freakin A-pillar...

20. ROCK

ROCK Well-Known Member

Finally we get to see the finished look. Very cool. ANyone else into this?

ROAD/RACE