New from dallas

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Blakd, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Blakd

Blakd Member

Hi all

I just found this board after getting my new toy/baby. I want to start out by saying you all are more helpful than some of the boards out there. I have been lurking for a while and just felt like actually posting. Always wanted to try my hand at working on foreign cars but never had one that was worth it. Thanks in advance for any and everything.

Previous cars include
    Mitsu Mirage 98
    Acura teg 95
    ford ranger early 90's
    Z28 79 built
    Camaro 78 built

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT.

3. Blakd

Blakd Member

Thank you.

I don't see many post in the naturally aspirated forums. Is it not worth doing a few all motor mods with these cars?

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to get used to the quick post being down here. With that being said...

Welcome to LT.com

As for bolt-ons. It depends on what model lancer you drive.
    02-07 Lancer: OZ Rally, ES, LS bolt-ons don't matter until after you turbo.
    04-06 Ralliart: Bolt-ons are like a Honda. They are amazing.
    02-present EVOLUTION: Same story as the RALLIART.
    08-present RALLIART, EVO: Same story as HONDA
    and 08-present LANCER: I'm not to sure. They use the mivec system which is made to respond to bolt-ons but from what I have seen it still doesn't do to well with them.

Oh I just saw in your signature you drive a Lancer sport back gts spec. Same story. I assume the same story as Lancer 02-07. Turbo and then bolt-ons make the difference. But, I'm not too sure since I don't have any proof otherwise. I haven't started looking up things on the newer lancers yet since I have yet to learn 50% about 02-07 lancers yet. That will all be done by next year. And then I move onto the newer Ralliart. Hopefully...this info helps. And so far if you want to turbo, roadracemotorsports.com is the only one that has made a turbo for cvt. It's quite expensive. Almost $5,000. It's a damn good thing they don't charge taxes cuz I would completely say screw that option. But They are worth it. It comes with everything you need for a stage 1 turbo kit. I think that's what theirs is equivalent to. Either that or stage 2.

5. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT enjoy your stay

6. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Welcome dude.... always happy to see new members!

7. nikotravolta

nikotravolta Member

Hello!
    Welcome to the forum.Its good to know you.I am also new here and i hope you are enjoying your stay.

8. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

hi welcome to LT.com! happy modding!

9. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Welcome and post pics, we like pics...

10. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member

11. HiPowerMtrsprts

12. HiPowerMtrsprts